Long Timbers in Templot

My prototype uses some ridiculously long timbers a good way into double track areas, but I'm not sure if I can replicate this on Templot or if I'm just going to have to do it by hand on the finished product? I need to make the timbers single 8 sleepers away from the frog if that helps, that's 3 more than the standard template.

• RMweb Gold
My prototype uses some ridiculously long timbers a good way into double track areas, but I'm not sure if I can replicate this on Templot

Hi Richard,

Sure. There are several ways, depending where the rail joint in the vee rail occurs:

1. if the vee rails are normal length, click the real > timbering > exit track > exit timbered menu option. Then extend the turnout using F4 mouse action until you have the desired number of long timbers. You will probably want to click the do > turnout road > long option to have the turnout rails in place, or alternatively change to a parallel type of V-crossing.

2. if the vee rail joint is at the end of the long timbers, click real > V-crossing options > customize V-crossing > vee rails... menu item, and enter the requested data.

3. if you have an existing track plan and simply want to change some plain sleepers to long timbers, use the real > shove timbers... functions.

A full answer requires sight of your prototype drawings. It would be better to ask this sort of detailed question on the Templot Club forum at http://85a.co.uk/forum/

regards,

Martin.

Archived