rail express 164

Dan Griffin

Where I work I believe the accepted term is a "whinge" of journalists.

I believe there is a collective noun for model railway mag editors Ben (as proffered by one such editor in the company of others) but sadly it cannot be repeated here. ;)

The whole mag is packed full of modern content

It's readers wouldnt expect anything else. When 'Rail Express' splashed one of my shots across 1?? pages depicting steam on the Conwy Valley, Murray told me there was disquiet from some readers who considered that inclusion of even one steam shot was a violation!biggrin.gif

Murray told me there was disquiet from some readers who considered that inclusion of even one steam shot was a violation!biggrin.gif

I get the distinct impression that applies just as vociferously the other way around - diesels in steamy publications are taboo and persona non gratis as well. :D

G.

I guess that once you brief a whole bunch of hacks and paparazzi (is there a collective noun for a group of journos?

Hacks and paparazzi? Model railway magazine editors? I'm choking on my Christmas pudding! I was offended at first, since you clearly hold us all in such contempt. Now I'm thinking maybe next year I can make a bit of money out of Hornby's 2011 programme. I wonder who'll pay more, OK! or Hello!.....

CHRIS LEIGH

I believe there is a collective noun for model railway mag editors Ben (as proffered by one such editor in the company of others) but sadly it cannot be repeated here. wink.gif

Hi,

Andy, was that by any chance the suggestion put forward at the HW&DMRS Open day! wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I can't repeat it here either!

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

hi all and a bit off topic but can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find rail express modeller as i cant seem to find it anywhere locally and dont want to subscribe untill i have seen a few issues first

with thanks jon

Archived