Cement works

lmsforever

Hi there

I am fairly local to Longannet and the flyash traffic started i think in the Transrail Enterprise era or early EWS era this was after speedlink

The train was loaded at Longannet usually 10 to 15 PCA tanks both the V and the straight kind were used they were tripped to Thornton yard and then on to Mossed

yard they would then travel on an Enterprise service and be tripped to Westbury class 58's were somtimes used.

In addtion the traction for them from Longannet could be single class 37 double class 37 single class 56 or 60 and they sometimes only ran to Townhill loop

to run round and then onto Mossend.

Also I am sure that I have seen pics somewhere in the West Midlands i think of a class 37 with some cement tanks and scrap wagons the two terminals were on the same

freight only line perhaps somebody with local knowledge of that area would be able to help identify those workings.

regards

Dave

Handsworth?

Thank you for all the information, it has helped me to work out what I can run on my layout ,which is 1958 to 1965 circa I am using the bauxite couulered hoppers with green locos (diesels)plus steam .I might have to build a new board to accomodate all this new traffic and use some of the buildings I have seen photo,s of ,once again thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.

Archived