Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New Dawlish webcam

• RMweb Gold

I think he means "NetNanny"; an application for those who shouldn't be allowed out on the internet on their own (or who's employers think so anyway)

Almost - quite simply the website comes under those that company IT policy normally excludes us from accessing.

This is a fantastic find, thank you very much for posting the link.

I have just found out its got sound too! Its great just to hear the waves TBH, brings back so many happy memories of holidays there...

Missy :)

Many Thanks for the link Rob F.

Very soothing,... relaxing, even,... interspersed with moments of excitement ......Very much how I try to live my life.

If the cam is in place for any length of time, I may well attempt to capture the screen for a desktop background / screensaver .

Cheers, and thanks, again.

Yeah the cam has moved last week you couldnt see the footbridge and had a reasonable view of the up and down line, looked today and you can only see the down line and the roof of anything on the up line :(

Edited by mp55aec

The Dawlish webcam is a ptz camera so can be turned it look in either direction.

If intrested the cams at www.railcam.org.uk are on the WCML at Euxton, ECML at Cramlington, Toddmorton. Dawlish and WSR

Yeah the cam has moved last week you couldnt see the footbridge and had a reasonable view of the up and down line, looked today and you can only see the down line and the roof of anything on the up line :(

The Dawlish webcam is a ptz camera so can be turned it look in either direction.

Forgot to mention that it rotated as the 'spam can' (34067 Tangmere?) came past last night from West to East Facing,

Edited by jonathan452

• RMweb Gold

Specially arranged for Water Skiing :O :o

I hadn't noticed before how much the sea slopes there! Must be a good place for water skiing! :-P

You're a bit late to the party on this one :P

• Like 1

Pretty sure there is a steam special that passes through every Sunday morning at around 11am. Might be worth double checking that though, last time I was down on holiday there we saw a Castle flying through and apparently there was an A4 the other week.

• Like 1

Hmmm, are those lines bidirectional ?

I've just seen an HST on the left rail, heading into Dawlish, followed a few seconds later by a single car DMU (DSU?) on the right rail ? :O

I think the line has been resignalled for bidirectional running partly to make it less vulnerable during storms. I didn't think wrong line running would be used on a regular basis though?

• Like 1

I think the line has been resignalled for bidirectional running partly to make it less vulnerable during storms. I didn't think wrong line running would be used on a regular basis though?

Yes I've seen the Youtube footage of storms swamping the line there, scary stuff. In this instance my guess would be that the HST was put onto the other line to pass the DMU. Perhaps the DMU was running a little late ?