Forum Running Slowly Again?

Funnily enough, I did wonder this afternoon as it was taking longer to open a page, but tonight all is back to normal, so I'm guessing it was maintenance or similar work.

Either way, it's still light years away from a few months back....

• RMweb Gold

This morning I could not load the community/index page. Several attempts and then I left it loading.

After 5 minutes - yes I know time is relative - but I had to close the laptop to go to work before the page had finished loading!

Every few 30 to 90 seconds, or so, a chunk of the page would slowly appear on the screen. The RSU never appeared even after porridge!

By contrast, the my content page loaded within seconds during the time the index page was stuck.

(I always leave several tabs open ready to just refresh!)

I have had several blank screens and I have had to refresh several pages that have "stuck".

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Kev.

No squirrels though! ;)

• RMweb Gold

For me it's been very slow in patches all this week. However, I'm one of the unlucky ones -- since the server move it has always been a few seconds slower than it was before (when it was working, that is), so I haven't taken too much notice.

I've just tried a pingdom test and it seems it is currently slower for others too -- nearly 10 seconds to load and "slower than 85% of web sites":

post-1103-0-90560700-1346441609.png

But it's too soon to draw any conclusions, this could be due to short-term maintenance, or the extra internet load created by the Paralympics.

Martin.

Difficult for me to tell at this end as I've been on a tablet on a 1Mb connection for a week. Will keep an eye on it. There,s certainly not been any errors so it's likely to be 'one of those things'.

I haven't noticed any slow running all week. I have been on the forum mutiple times every day and it has always been fairly quick, admittedly sometimes it is slow but nothing compared to a couple of months ago!

I've just tried a pingdom test and it seems it is currently slower for others too -- nearly 10 seconds to load and "slower than 85% of web sites":

post-1103-0-90560700-1346441609.png.

However mine shows "faster than 63% of all tested websites"

post-15085-0-44869100-1346529913.jpg

Oli :)

• RMweb Gold
However mine shows "faster than 63% of all tested websites"

Everyone sees the same results at http://tools.pingdom.com . It is testing the site load time in Amsterdam.

Test results are much better today. Unfortunately it is loading faster in Amsterdam than it is here -- most pages are taking 5 seconds plus.

edit: 9 seconds to post this.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

I notice that a lot of these postings are done in early evening. I find the web generally is much slower during the evenings and quicker later on. I presume it is down to traffic levels. I do find that around 8am in the morning RMweb seems slower and wonder if it could be down to maintenance.

Don

Archived