Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

noisy bachmann dcc on board pannier tank

postierich

hi ive just returened with my Bachmann dcc on board pannier and found it very noisy straight from the box a kind of electical noisy a first at low speed....will this ease up with running in any ideas?

.i use a NCE power cab to run my system.

hi ive just returened with my Bachmann dcc on board pannier and found it very noisy straight from the box a kind of electical noisy a first at low speed....will this ease up with running in any ideas?

.i use a NCE power cab to run my system.

Unfortunately not. The decoders used in these models were some of the first used by Bachmann and are not very good quality.

The only way to get better running would be to replace the decoder with a better quality one (The current Bachmann 3 function decoder is fine).

######.. doesnt that defeat the object of buying a dcc on board loco?

I suppose so, but if it's the model and livery that you want than you haven't much choice if it's not offered as "DCC Ready" as well. At least you know that the decoder that you're about to remove will not have cost you a lot in the first place, and you can always reuse it as a function only decoder.

the things going back to the shop,we shouldnt have to put up with this from manufactures.

Bear in mind, that you might not be able to just "Take it back" on that basis.

The model works as described and there is nothing wrong with it.

It depends on the retailer, how long you have had it, and what you have done with it in the meantime.

hi all swopped the pannier for another slightly less noisy one so removed the body and chucked the bachman chip out will be fitting a lenz mini later.

suprised to find a dcc socket rather than wire directly to motor and wheel sets,will i just plug a new 8 pin chip in the socket or remove the little board as i did with a none dcc jinty?

Archived