Long Grass.

ess1uk

After a bit of advice about clumps of long grass.

What is the preferred method for making the odd clump of tall grass?

I just want to hide the joins round the bottom of some derelict buildings and make them look overgrown.

I've used old paint brush bristles in the past but there has to be a better way?

Cheers.

I bought a cheap blonde wig, (But, enough of my personal life!)

You cut the hair into the lengths you require, roll them together into a cigar shape pull it apart and holding it loosely dab the end into some glue, I have painted some of it green, but, the blonde hair looks like late summer dead grasss

Similar to Terry - I bought some plumbers hemp for making a thatched roof and have used differing lengths of the same stuff for clumps of grass and reeds. I found painting it a bit of a problem so mine all looks like late summer (or dead) grass.

Alternatively, I have used polyfibre and small pieces of clump foliage. These can be made to look like hedging or brambles. You can buy grass clumps - Noch I think do them - but they are quite expensive and tend all to look the same.

International Models supply grass of different colours in long lengths (4") .

Trim random lengths according to scale,, and mix it with your normal grass mix (about 40% long to 60% normal) , and roll a bit into a cigarette, and glue into place ..... It's much more effective than bought stuff.

IMG_9337.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

Archived