Sourcing castings for a 00 Bagnall saddle tank kitbash

Have started to build a Bagnall saddle tank (an approximation of "Hawarden") based around the Bachmann Bill & Ben mechanism and saddle tank, with a new footplate and cab and a better representation of a boiler smokebox. A combination of my incompetence and the limitations of the chassis/ mechanism means there will be plenty of compromises but I'm hoping a reasonable representation can be achieved.

However I'm having trouble sourcing a few suitable castings for various bits and pieces- specifically a smokebox door (the Bill & Ben faces aren't particuarly suitable...), chimney, dome and tank filler, and some suitably sustantial industrial buffers- sprung, for preference. I'm aware that getting the "right" bits is very unlikely, but suggestions for close approximations would be much appreciated.

A couple of useful pictures- and the drawings I'm working from- are here

Thanks in advance folks :biggrin_mini2:

I think the weight of the castings in neither here nor there given there small size- so that's a viable option. I don't have suitable CAD software (or skills!) though to do the models- would rather some off the shelf components if possible.

247 Developments do a smokebox door of the correct size (ish) which is a start.

Archived