A Great Northern RR challenge

shortliner

Chris Ellis is looking for photos of GN 44-tonners - They had two (AFAIK), 5201 and 5202 - both built 1940 and supplied in black. Somewhere along the line (sic) they may have been renumbered as 51 and 52, or these may have been replacement newer locos. As buit the loco steps were not as on the Spectrum 44 tonner models but approx halfway along the side between the nose and the cab/ He is looking for info and, if possible, photos - all I have been able to locate are two photos on the Smoket Valley website, one small and poor quality of 5201 On the non-steps side, and one of 400 - a re-number after it came to them after a couple of previous owners 3/4 front view of the stepside, both in B/W. He is trying to find out if they ever got repainted in the orange/green livery - preferably photod in colour. Bachmann did models painted as 51 & 52 in Orange/green, but I can't find any proof that these are not spoof locos/numbers/liveries

Additionally GN appears to have had (possibly?) 20 RS2 locos # 200 - 219 - Again I have only managed to locate one photo, 201 side on, in B/W If anyone knows of others and can link - the info would be very useful. I'm begining to think that the GN must be the least photographed RR in the USA! The rarity is approaching that of dentures for chickens!

http://www.trainweb....tnrr/locos.html

Near the bottom, a clear B&W view of the Smokey Mountain RR #440, which originally was GN #51[?]

Shows the step position well....

as does this one, not sure of provenance though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47370798@N03/6829737588

then I've come across this one, half way down, left side.....difficult tracing provenance again, but the centre steps may be a clue [cannot find other info on this loco, for example, makers number?]

Archived