If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Morning all!

Steph' H

Hi all, I have been a lurker here for a long while so I decided to introduce myself. I model in the large scale of 7/8ths (SE) which equates to 22.5mm to the foot and to 2 foot gauge narrow gauge running on 45mm gauge track. This large size generally means that these models are run on garden railways. I do have a small line in the garden which I strive to make as atmospheric and as far away from the "LGB" type line as possible..... however for reasons of practicality I do use LGB and Aristo track (If I started now I'd hand build the track!).

post-16580-0-21061700-1347618860.jpg

As this scale is mostly out doors I felt it would be nice if we had a small indoor scenic layout on which to run the small estate style stock I have, and to take to exhibitions. Most modellers are used to seeing the rather basic and unscenic "test track" style layouts for the larger scales so it would be nice to show that its possible to build scenic large scale!

The result was a 7 foot by 2 foot "micro style layout. This is constantly being tweeked as I get round to adding more scenic items and ideas.

I must try some of the scenic ideas that are used in the smaller scales if they can be applied to the large stuff (the longest type static grass is one!).

post-16580-0-11530700-1347618697.jpg

Anyhow I will try to construct a thread for the indoor layout and as I am drifting towards another tiny 4mm scale layout, that as well, when I start it!

ATB

Steph'

Archived