Name of Welsh valleys layout that appeared in BRM?!?!

Home_Signal

Hi all,

i'm racking my brains trying to think of the name of a layout that appeared in BRM in the last few years:

The characteristics are:

• Set in the welsh valleys
  • Pre-grouping era
  • Finescale
  • Lots of buildings and cuttings,

I seem to remember in the text the author described being in charge at an exhibition and drawing filthy looks for sorting the wagons wrongly for the different valleys.

It was a very impressive layout!!!

Can anyone help?!?!

Regards

Simon

Hi all,

i'm racking my brains trying to think of the name of a layout that appeared in BRM in the last few years:

The characteristics are:

• Set in the welsh valleys
  • Pre-grouping era
  • Finescale
  • Lots of buildings and cuttings,

I seem to remember in the text the author described being in charge at an exhibition and drawing filthy looks for sorting the wagons wrongly for the different valleys.

It was a very impressive layout!!!

Can anyone help?!?!

Regards

Simon

I recall a layout of this gauge and description called "Ynysybwl Fach", (literally pronounced as UN IS A Bull VARK) could this be the layout? It was based around a South Wales coal mine and was pre-grouping. I don't have the magazine to check, but I do recall seeing it in the "flesh" and as you say it was an impressive layout.

• RMweb Premium

YES!!! i can confirm it is Ynysybwl Fach!!!

rooting around i found "BRM Wright Stuff" supplment and there is a picture in there of it!!!

Just need to identify which BRM issues it is in!!... as well as the Gauge O guild link kindly supplied (which is members only)

You'll also find this layout as RotM in Railway Modeller 1994 October.

Guys thanks for the brilliant input and support... I really should manage my literature better and stop allowing my dad access to it!!!

It appears the problem has been solved already! Let me know if you need a copy...

Or I might be able to dig out a pdf

That would be fantastic if you could supply a pdf!!!

Guys thanks for the brilliant input and support... I really should manage my literature better and stop allowing my dad access to it!!!

That would be fantastic if you could supply a pdf!!!

Is this on a "quid pro quo" basis? I can remember accessing my dad's literature but trying very hard to leave it so that he wouldn't know! Enough said!!!

Archived