What to run a Hornby class 60 with?

Well it was EWS, before DBS that started getting rid of them as it lost traffic to other companies.

Mainly though as they HAD to pay the leases on the 66 each month, but the 60s were owned outright already ie costing them nothing to rot away...what amused me was trying to make 66s do a 56/58/60 duty, when they were always type 3 replacements ...

Well it was EWS, before DBS that started getting rid of them as it lost traffic to other companies.

Mainly though as they HAD to pay the leases on the 66 each month, but the 60s were owned outright already ie costing them nothing to rot away...what amused me was trying to make 66s do a 56/58/60 duty, when they were always type 3 replacements ...

...and of course we have DB to thank for upgrading and keeping 20+ in service...could have all been retired by now.

...and of course we have DB to thank for upgrading and keeping 20+ in service...could have all been retired by now.

Well yes I agree, they kept some in service but EWS messed it up when they got 66s on heavy freight (A 60s job) and DBS tried to make the 59s operate 60 services, again a mistake.

• 1 year later...

In December 2013 I ended up becoming the proud owner of a modified Hornby 60 portrayed as my favourite 60071! And this thread has been a great help so thanks to all contributors

Archived