Branch terminus signalling

Ah, good point. Top right is the incoming line. The period is mid 30s, From top to bottom, the top two lines are sidings, goods shed plus a loading ramp. The centre two are the main platform and run round loop. Then there is a bay platform, with the short spur from the double slip being for either brake vans or the odd wagon, not sure yet. The very bottom line is a kickback siding. Hope this a bit more useful than the top plan.

• RMweb Gold

Normally I would expect the platform to be in line with the incoming line but perhaps you have a good reason for doing things differently? Anyway next stage is to add trap points to protect the running line from runaway wagons and such like, you need them as follows

1. Where the run round loop/goods sidings join the 'main' line

2. Where the siding adjacent to the incoming line joins that line at the double slip, and

3. Where the short spur opposite the bay line joins that line at the second double slip.

I assume that passenger trains will run to and start from the main platform and bay and that goods trains might start from the yard/run round loop? Once that detail is confirmed we will be able to get to the signals and will, unless you say different, assume this is an old layout in which the signalling has been renewed piecemeal with no major updating of standards in the 1930s?

I'd forgotten about trap points- I'll see about putting them in. Correct on both the passenger and goods train departure point, and yes it is an intended to be an old layout. As to why the platform is offset, i had certain pointwork which I wanted to use, hence the current design. I suppose I could pretend there were plans to double the line.....

Archived