Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Vacancy - Digital Editor

Andy Y

They couldn't afford me !

Anyway, I hope the main requirement is the ability to string a few words together and still make sense to all readers - a qualification that I lack.

I would have thought that a "digital" editor in this day-and-age would have been open to remote working so would have no need of a car?

Kenton, your talent is matched only by your modesty.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

The new police station in West Bromwich has nowhere near enough parking places for the staff which is causing annoyance to all the local residents, as their streets are getting blocked up. It doesn't even have any cells. Guess who built it? Tesco, so they could build a huge monstrosity on the other side of the town centre.

Our 'new' local cop shop hasn't got any cells either - and notwithstanding there being a quite large police station within 10 miles they have to send anyone they're locking up to another cop shop over 20 miles away because it's the nearest one 'in the same area'.

At least they are offered a salary.

The concept of "interns" in industry was the nadir for me. I always make sure I'm paid for any work I do (except once for Tisch Film School/NYU to help out the students - plus a few Charity commitments) - since I was 15. People, I find, appreciate your work more when they actually have to pay you for it.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I associate "intern" with internment, working for free as a sort of voluntary prison!

As for local council parking policy, words (nearly) fail! The tactic of refusing planning permission unless car parking is deliberately made insufficient is just plain wrong. Our offices can hold up to 3000 staff. When it was built, on a former brownfield (rubbish landfill) site that my company paid handsomely to be cleaned and restored, with a huge area turned over to public parkland, Hillingdon council only allowed us 1800 car parking spaces.

Some local councillors are very good and work diligently for their communities. Sadly, I feel some go into the job to play at being politicians and to feel important.

The new police station in West Bromwich has nowhere near enough parking places for the staff which is causing annoyance to all the local residents, as their streets are getting blocked up. It doesn't even have any cells. Guess who built it? Tesco, so they could build a huge monstrosity on the other side of the town centre.

To be fair there is a LOT more to this one than Tesco. Sorry to go off topic but Tesco did not get involved in the detailed design of the building or the decision about the amount of car parking to put in. I am certainly not pro Tesco but I am pro getting the facts correct.

Archived