Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Vacancy - Digital Editor

Andy Y

An exciting opportunity has opened up within the team if anyone with the right skill set would like to submit an application!

Warners Group Publications Plc is a rapidly growing multi-million pound Publisher and Publishing Services Company offering real opportunities to individuals with the right attitude, skills and ambition. Due to our continued success and expansion we need to fill the following position:

Digital Editor

To work within our railway modelling business on www.model-railways-live.co.uk

The successful candidate will need a hunger to be first with the latest news, as well as the ability to work closely with the magazine team to link website content with the printed magazine. They will also need the know-how to produce and edit website videos, for both editorial content and commercially for advertisers.

You will be part of a small team and will need to be a true team player, linking well with the editorial, advertising and exhibition teams to help take the website from strength-to-strength.

Working for a family-run business has many benefits and will provide you with an attractive salary, a company pension & life assurance scheme, 26 days holiday a year, ongoing training & development, a 35-hour week, free car parking and a real career path.

If you would like to be considered for the above rewarding & challenging career opportunity at a time in Warners that has never been so exciting, please send in your CV with a cover letter (stating your current salary) to: -

Sharna Tomlinson, HR Manager, Warners Group Publications Plc, West Street, Bourne. Lincs, PE10 9PH or jobs@warnersgroup.co.uk

Closing date for applications is Friday 28th September 2012.

Warners Group Publications are an equal opportunities employer. If you would like to find out more about our organisation, please visit our website www.warnersgroup.co.uk

The vacancy has arisen as Chris Dufill is moving on to pastures new and I wish him well with his new exploits.

This should be interesting for a few people here. However, the ad is not very well put together to find the potential person.

'Hunger', 'ability' and 'know-how' are not terms that should replace a list of expected skills, experience and qualifications - and software knowledge in the case of video editing.

Is the HR position open too? :)

• RMweb Premium

I like the way that free car parking is listed as one of the attractive benefits - last time I went through Bourne I don't recall seeing many cars and the highlight of the day was waiitng for the traffic lights to change - of course that was in the day when BRM meant something completely different to the people of Bourne. Unfortunately I won't be able to get back there in a couple of weeks time when those days of the 50s, 60s and 70s will be recreated.http://brmday.co.uk/

Free car parking ? Where do I sign ....

I used to work for a large organisation some years ago who built new offices with insufficient parking (to get planning permission on the basis they were encouraging workers to use public transport) who tried to charge for parking or it be taxable as a benefit. Thus started a litany of blagging, lying and general deceit on a weekly basis to get in for a meeting. :)

Kenton's opportunity to eliminate irritating adverts.

Bill

They couldn't afford me !

Anyway, I hope the main requirement is the ability to string a few words together and still make sense to all readers - a qualification that I lack.

I would have thought that a "digital" editor in this day-and-age would have been open to remote working so would have no need of a car?

They couldn't afford me !

Oh you're such a shocking snob at times; we've just finished one topic where you were getting pasted and you start another one off! ;)

Besides; you wouldn't like it; some staff are rumoured to be rail passengers every now and then. :O

• RMweb Premium

Free car parking ? Where do I sign ....

Besides; you wouldn't like it; some staff are rumoured to be rail passengers every now and then. :O

As an ex union representative the above job advert is discriminatory as Andy rightly points out some staff are rail passengers (or should that be customers) but there are other forms of transport that people can use to get to work. :) Those who walk, is there somewhere they can put their wet brolly and wellies on inclement days. :scratchhead: Then we have the cyclist, would a prospective employee have a free space in the cycle rack, is there a cycle rack? :O Would he or she have access to a shower, employers have to think of the rest of the workforce. Nobody wants to work next to a sweaty lyrca clad geezer :stink: . Is the office close to a bus stop? As for motorcyclist and roller-skaters are they catered for? Boy, am I glad I don't get involved in this sort of rubbish these days. :imsohappy: :banghead:

Back on topic I wish all prospective candidates the best of luck in getting the job. :victory:

• RMweb Premium

Well I've just retired, so I don't think I'll be applying. I'd rather sit at home and watch Kenton and Beast fight it out!

Irrespective of that, the fact that Andy has put the job-outline on here is positively indicative of RMweb's major involvement in BRM. A very smart move in my opinion.

Jeff

Job vacancy application - hmmm, that sounds like volunteering to work. And work is boring by definition. Most importantly I didn't notice anything about free tea and what sort of food the staff canteen served.

Shame it might have been good. But if you dont need to . . . . . . :no:

G.

Indeed. I'm waiting for the ad " New model tester. Testing the latest releases from the trade . Gold plated prodigy handset provided as well as as much latte as you can drink and chocolate hobnobs...."

I'm still waiting...

Whoa there did I miss the Boss's retirement do then? :O

'Hunger', 'ability' and 'know-how' are not terms that should replace a list of expected skills, experience and qualifications - and software knowledge in the case of video editing.

By using these phrase rather than a predefined skill list they can get away with paying less ;) Atleast, that was my experience of the IT industry 10 years ago!

Nobody wants to work next to a sweaty lyrca clad geezer

Oh i don't know, in some places its considered a taxable benefit ;)

Hopefully with over 10,000 members there should be a few good applicants on here ...

I used to work for a large organisation some years ago who built new offices with insufficient parking (to get planning permission on the basis they were encouraging workers to use public transport) who tried to charge for parking or it be taxable as a benefit. Thus started a litany of blagging, lying and general deceit on a weekly basis to get in for a meeting. :)

The new police station in West Bromwich has nowhere near enough parking places for the staff which is causing annoyance to all the local residents, as their streets are getting blocked up. It doesn't even have any cells. Guess who built it? Tesco, so they could build a huge monstrosity on the other side of the town centre.

The new police station in West Bromwich has nowhere near enough parking places for the staff which is causing annoyance to all the local residents, as their streets are getting blocked up. It doesn't even have any cells. Guess who built it? Tesco, so they could build a huge monstrosity on the other side of the town centre.

Possibly surpassed by our county council building new offices on a car park that served the south of town so they could 'save' costs by closing satellite offices and making more people travel further to work (if they didn't get made redundant), how you can save money when you're paying for a new building beats me but apparently it'll be more efficient in about 20 years time. The loss of parking has had a detrimental effect on businesses at that end of town so I guess that's joined up thinking for you.

Archived