dc controller

russ188

anyone got any advice on a hand controller Hornby ones are crap budget upto £50

Hand controller?

Do you mean a Hand Held or desk style controller?

Look at the Gaugemaster range. All come with a lifetime warranty.But I doubt if your £50 will buy a self powered unit. You could try ebay and obtain a secondhand one?

Don't forget for any Hand held controller will need a suitable power supply too. Often 1.0Amp at 16 volts ac.

Example of GM desk style controller.... http://www.gaugemaster.com/controls.html

Example of GM hand held controllers.... http://www.gaugemaster.com/handheld.html

I have been very pleased with the Bachmann controller that came with a train set. You should be able to get these cheaply-try Trains 4U as they split the set that I have, DCC the loco and sell the wagons as a set, so they must have controllers around spare.

Ed

When I started railway modelling earlier this year, I chose a Gaugemaster Combi, which cost £30 from Hattons. It seems to work well , and appears well made. As well as the output for the track there is a 16/18v AC output for accessories. It comes with a lifetime back-to-base guarantee. It is not remote control, but is small enough to hold in your hand and move a couple of feet, depending upon how long your track feed wires are.

I am pleased with it.

When I started railway modelling earlier this year, I chose a Gaugemaster Combi, which cost £30 from Hattons. It seems to work well , and appears well made. As well as the output for the track there is a 16/18v AC output for accessories. It comes with a lifetime back-to-base guarantee. It is not remote control, but is small enough to hold in your hand and move a couple of feet, depending upon how long your track feed wires are.

I am pleased with it.

Seconded. I have one of these and can firmly recommend the Combi for your layout.

Regards,

Brian.

Archived