Athearn SD70Ace Problem

Donny4472

Hi

Looking for some advice. I've had my BNSF SD70Ace a while now, and I've never been able to program it. Thought it was just me as all of my other locos program fine.

Now I have had a chance to look further into it, here are the problems.

Loco will not accept any changes to the factory set CVs. Either on Prog or Main track.

I also can't read any of the settings on the Prog track. I can't even change the loco address!

The loco and sound work fine under Address 0003, but I can't make a single change to anything. I've been through the Tsumani Guide and tried factory resets, and tried to check if loco If chip is locked, but nothing.

I'm not DCC expert, but is there something I'm missing? It's doing my nut in.

For info I'm using Prodigy Advance.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Donny.

This is a Tsunami equipped loco? Take a look at the programming section in the decoder user's guide (linked from the Athearn site http://www.athearn.com/DCC/ ). I haven't had issues programming Tsunamis from my Lenz system or my Powercab, but the manual does suggest that some systems may have issues.

Adrian

Thanks for the replies. All pretty spot on. Tried my mates Prodigy Advance Squared system and all ok now. Mine is the original system. Seems like it doesnt like Tsunami. Time for an upgrade.

Thanks again

Donny

Thanks for the replies. All pretty spot on. Tried my mates Prodigy Advance Squared system and all ok now. Mine is the original system. Seems like it doesnt like Tsunami. Time for an upgrade.

Thanks again

Donny

Time for LENZ......... Simon

Archived