Water Towers

JZ

As I have put watercranes on Somercombe station, I belatedly thought I must also have somewhere to store it. So I have used the fairly generic Dapol/Airfix kit. But now it comes to the question of painting it. What colour should it be icon_question.gif . I know that sometimes on the Western Region they were painted chocolate and cream, but on the Southern Region icon_question.gif Trawling through my reference books I can find only two pictures, and one of those is on the S&D, and they appear to be off white or possibly faded cream. Does anyone have a difinitive answer, or were thay painted as per local instruction and vary from location to locationicon_question.gif

Thanks there Adam. Do you know I used this site for getting the station colours right, yet didn't think of looking down the page a little further icon_redface.gif

Ah, well the only reason I know is the painting instructions I wanted were at the bottom of the page so had to look at everything else first! (and very interesting it was too). No problem.

Adam

Archived