The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Dogs Trust Merseyside raided - appeal for help

Coombe Barton

Guest jim s-w

Hi John

Is there any way non locals can donate dog food? Anyone local going over that wouldn't mind picking some up for me on Boxing day?

Cheers

Jim

Hi John

Is there any way non locals can donate dog food? Anyone local going over that wouldn't mind picking some up for me on Boxing day?

Cheers

Jim

I wish I knew, Jim. We're in Leicestershire - I just picked this up from the BBC website. I've tweeted and posted to forums who may have members in that area. Trouble is wholesalers will be shut until the New Year, and Dogs Trust would have stocked up to cope. They don't let dogs go for rehoming over Christmas and New Year to prevent them being given as unwanted present, and they still take in.

Two of mine are DogsTrust dogs, the other was going to be put down for a spurious and unbelievable reason so we took him in.

Their contact details Whiston Lane

Huyton

Liverpool

L36 6HP

Tel: 0151 480 0660

• RMweb Premium

Dogs Trust Merseyside (Whiston Lane, Huyton) have been raided and they're now trying to care for 100 dogs over Christmas with scant food. If anyone can spare a can or two -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8430345.stm

Some people really would nick anything. Just wish I lived nearer, I'd like to be able to help. Hope something gets worked out for them!

A terrible thing at any time but all the more despicable at this time of year.

Could one of the supermarket chains help with this? The supply chains of most are operational today and there must be some in stock somewhere close to hand. If I were within an hour or so, I'm sure our Milly could survive on turkey leftovers for a few days but it's a bit of a haul.

Archived