Weston-on-Trent (South Derbys) model railway show.

andyram

Sounds like it went really well and was received very positively Andy, well done. I know someone who called in yesterday, and was full of praise for the organiser's (your) efforts.

Cracking! You should bask in the elusive glow of success for a moment!

Thanks it is nice to receive the feedback, positive and constructive. I'm glad the person you knew enjoyed themselves. Praise needs to go to rest of staff who worked brilliantly to keep the kitchen going, staff the front door and sell raffle tickets whilst I played trains. (That was my "rest" lol)

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks, Andy, for the invite. Show was really well organised pass on my best wishes to the behind the scenes folks. Catering was excellent!!! Same again next year?

Ditto from myself and Alan (my helper for the day from the ERS). Glad the event was a success and should grow from strength to strength. Really glad to have helped in the fundraising.

A big thank you to everyone for their comments I am glad that so many people enjoyed the show.

I can confirm that I am already working on Weston 2013. It looks certain that there will be a second show next year. I just need to sort out the date. At present I am checking the dates of the other local October / November shows so that I can fit the Weston event around them and the school's term dates. Once the date is sorted I will post it on this forum.

One further update from Weston 2012.

- The collection for the Swanwick Junction Model Railway club made £30. I will be delivering this to the Midland Railway next Saturday. A big thank you to all who contributed.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm that the Weston-on-Trent exhibition will be taking place again this year. The date is

Saturday 16th November

@ Weston-on-Trent Primary School, Forrester Avenue, Weston-on-Trent, Derbyshire, DE72 2HX.

I am looking for more layouts for the show at present, but hope to repeat or even beat the size of last year's show.

Blog updates are available at

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1064/entry-10903-2013-here-we-go-again/

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Andy. Have you sorted your layouts for this year's show? I ask as I have a 16 X 4 DCC EM sound BR diesel transition era/late 70s layout thatwas supposed to be at the Retford show last November but they lost my details and it didn't go. It's not very exciting for youngsters as it is only really a shunting yard and depot but it works reasonably well. It's designed to demonstrate how one can use EM and do some track building and loco/stock conversion but also use contemporary stuff and mostly scenics 'off the shelf' so to speak. It's the sort of layout someone might think, 'I could do that....' and it's EM gauge.

I'd be happy to come over only for the cost of fuel from 36E and return plus some nice cake and tea similar to that served at Mansfield.

Do let me know if you are interested and I'll post a couple of pics for you to have a look at.

I won't be miffed if you are:

full and don't need anyone;

don't think it's suitable.

Phil

Archived