Mansfield 2013 is go!

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

post-6717-0-91690600-1357556187_thumb.jpg

As you can see from the updated flyer for this year's event we have dropped the photographic element of the show. It was felt that this had run it's course and we could make better use of the room following approaches by new traders. This means we have expanded to 12 layouts (if you can count my Fourgig East work in progress) and new for 2013 All Components will be bringing their stand of goodies.

Full list of layouts is as follows (in no particular order)

Kirkby Stephen West - OO - macgeordie

Thomas and Friends - N - traction

Moxley Heath - O - Jim Read

Coney Hill Light Railway - O - Dava

Glen Roy - OO - Andrew P

Coombe Rock - On30 - mozzer models

Fourgig East - O - RedgateModels

Newton Parcels - N -Mike W

Dudley Road/Peters Street - OO - Pete Harvey

Mill Lane TMD - OO - DCCmad

Bostcroft - OO - LNERandBR

David's Dublo - OO - The Rev David Fudger

As you can see, apart from the vicar ALL the exhibitors are members of this forum, some were found by other means but ended up being members anyway, shows how wide the net is cast by RMweb :)

Traders/Societies are as follows:

All Components

Benhams

Brickyard Models

David Wright (Dovedale Models) - Sunday only

Keith's Models

Martin Wright

RCTS

Sherwood Models

Wyvern Models

Not sure it's going to be good for my wallet for All Components to be in the same room as me though!

• RMweb Gold

Planning has started in earnest and contrary to previous years I appear to be embarrassed with an abundance of steam layouts, so come on all you DEMU members - who fancies exhibiting your layout at mansfield 2013? ideally fairly local to the show, as expenses are already running away with themselves, but we will stretch the budget if the right layout presents itself :)

• RMweb Gold

Wow,

what can I say, thanks for all the offers, I'm now more than full and with one exception (and he might be a member for all I know) the show will be an all RMweb event! - just goes to show how many modellers are members :)

More details will be posted once I have confirmed the layouts but so far here's the breakdown of gauges/motive power

post-6717-0-44874100-1350467640.png

Pretty balanced even if I say so myself

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

We will be selling souvenir coasters again this year, three designs, one showing snapshots of all the layouts, one steam loco and one diesel. In addition to the layout owners for providing images I would especially like to thank Chris Nevard and Neil Mason for allowing me to use their photos of my Sentinel shunter and Deeping Lane in the production of these coasters.

post-6717-0-13670800-1357720595_thumb.jpg

The Layouts 2013 version is not yet finalised, as I'm waiting until closer to the weekend as one or two layouts are still in construction.

EDIT: The Steam and Diesel versions will also be available as a fridge magnet in VERY limited quantities

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This all looks very good. The O scale layouts demonstrate how accessable the scale now is. Coney Hill may not be ballasted by then, but we're hoping for a fair degree of scenic tidiness, and having a dry run at Mickleover next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sadly I have just heard from Ian Morton that due to ill health over the last few weeks he is unable to bring Aberlaff to the show this year.

Here's to a speedy recovery and hope to see Aberlaff at a future show.

Please don't forget our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MansfieldModelRailway - please "like" and share to your timelines :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-6717-0-31278400-1361368343_thumb.jpg

We will be having a very special raffle at this year's show with some fantastic prizes, thanks to Andy Y, Steve Cole and Pete Harvey who have donated already. We hope to squeeze more out of the traders to increase the prize haul before the day - so come along and buy loads of tickets!

• RMweb Gold

I am very pleased to announce that Paul Chetter (pauliebanger of this parish and a regulat contributor to Hornby Magazine) will be bringing his DCC sound demonstration/clinic to our little show on Saturday 2nd March only.

So come along on the Saturday and ask him all those questions you have about DCC sound and listen to him demonstrate his latest sound schemes including "Multi-Drive" and "EasyDrive" options :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, once the bell sounds at 2pm I'll be leaving work to pick up the Best in Show trophy, get Fourgig loaded into the Scooby and head off to the Centre for 4pm - Kirkby Stephen West will be there waiting eagerly to get set-up, with All Components soon after.

Hope to see as many of you as over the weekend as possible, come along and chat about Fourgig, buy some cake, drink tea and buy raffle tickets :lol:

Should be a great weekend

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Steve,

just got home from Friday set-up, all traders abr two are in and ready, Kirkby Stephen West is looking magnificent in the main room and two other layouts are already in and ready. Glass of wine and some food then bed for me, ready for  an early start tomorrow :)

Archived