Naff Truck Models

lankyphil

I drive fridges for Stobarts, and my Dad wants to find a model of the wagons I drive for my grandad. So I start looking and the first thing I find is the Oxford diecast 1:76 version of a Scania R440 and a superleague fridge. So I thoight, "no worries," I'll relivery it into the plain "Temperature Controlled Distribution" livery that we have...

Only when I saw the photo, the trailer looks to be 1.5 times the height of the cab, whereas they are actually roughly the same height, 13'3". Surely that's about the equivalent of Hornby putting a 4mm HST with H0 mark 3s? Found a corgi model of Scania and one of the small wheel double deckers, only it looks like they've raided a parts bin and put normal sized wheels on the trailer?

Or am I nit picking?

• RMweb Premium

I checked the one that I have in Stobart livery and it is 60mm high, the height you quoted it should be 53mm. If you took 7mm off of the bottom it would impinge slightly on the 'Temperature Controlled Distribution' signwriting. More serious though is the slight downward angle at the rear and the danger of destroying some of the detail of the rear doors. The front should not be a problem as the bottom of the fridge unit has more than 7mm clearance.

Archived