Cathcart Model Railway Show

grid56104

less than a week to go to this show:

Cathcart Model Railway Show at Pollokshaws Burgh Hall, Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow - Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th October - 10am to 5pm both days. Presented by Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC, Clydeside MRC & Renfrewshire MRC. Adult £4.00, Child £2.00, Concession £3.00* Family Ticket £10.00. Concession tickets only sold on presentation of a valid Scottish Concession pass. Child ticket is aged 3 to 15 years of age. Group Discount available to groups of over 10 persons.

layouts attending:

Coldham Lane - 00 - Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC - first exhibition

Spring Hill - 00 - Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC - first exhibition

West Bournegroom - 00 - Clydeside MRC

Crianlarich - N - Renfrewshire MRC

St Morten - HOm - Greenock MRC

Airthrey Park - OO - Stirling MRC

Smerirweida - TT - Falkirk MRC

Culreoch - OO - Private Owner

Mafeking Camp - OO - Kilmarnock MRC

Anvilton - N - Ayr MRC

Millig Yard - OO - Helensburgh MRC

traders attending:

Doon Valley Models

All Change Models

Douglas Blades Books

Jim Baguley Models

DC Kits & Videos

also attending:

Paddle Steamer Preservation Society

MERG

Scottish Transport & Tramway Society

Glasgow & South West Assosiation

Caledonian Railway Assosiation

Gauge O Guild

any RmWebbers attending please say hello. I will either be on the Glasgow & West of Scotland Layouts or Stewarding!

Max Fowler (secretary of the Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC)

Hi Max Glad to see you've survived after Ayr. Stephen

Stephen - have recovered fully from Ayr. Good to see some pictures of others playing with the easy task of loading the trains!!! The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point is in its 'home' until Christmas. I am having a 3 month 'model railway layoff' to catch up with other things. Will catch you at the weekend if you are helping to operate your club's layout. Max

Didn't see DC Kits & Videos, are they in attendance?

If you didn't see them then they must have pulled out. I didn't look for them to be onest. I admit I took the list of attendees from the Cathcart Website. Apologies for this and I will request the site be updated just befoe the show next year but as noted previously Falkirk MRC withdrew 3 days before the show but I had heard about that. Max

If you didn't see them then they must have pulled out. I didn't look for them to be onest. I admit I took the list of attendees from the Cathcart Website. Apologies for this and I will request the site be updated just befoe the show next year but as noted previously Falkirk MRC withdrew 3 days before the show but I had heard about that. Max

It's ok, no need to apologise, I seen there name originally on the website too but just wondered if they were hiding away in one of the many rooms! I'll have another look today.

Thats the show wrapped up for another year. Reasonable turnout - weather today was appalling - rain almost all day. Thanks to the various exhibitors and traders for their participation.

For those wishing to know the results of 'best layout', they were as follows:

1) Newlandsfield Junction (the very late replacement following the withdrawal of Falkirk), 2) Crianlarich 3) Airthrey Park 4) Culreoch

I also managed a few hours operating or assisting on Culreoch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to Jamie for trusting me with the controls and his stock.

Photos of some of the layouts to appear next weekend.

Planning now underway for 2013 - details to follow as soon as layouts confirmed.

Max

I also managed a few hours operating or assisting on Culreoch and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Max

I think you did both Max. Much appreciated it was too. Thanks also to 'davefrk', and members of the West of Scotland P4 group for helping out over the weekend.

Time for me to take a break from exhibiting now, and a chance to do a bit more modelling - little bit more enthusiastic after a good weekend at the show :)

• RMweb Gold

A few photos of the two layouts exhibited by Glasgow and West of Scotland MRC at the Cathcart Show last weekend. Both are owned by members of the club and were exhibited by them on behalf of the club.

post-14517-0-27525900-1351630530_thumb.jpg

post-14517-0-92438300-1351630557_thumb.jpg

post-14517-0-29300400-1351630581_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived