87023Velocity's WB

Well time for a new workbench. On the old forum I had 2 workbench threads (4mm and 7mm) and also a thread which I started in this section aswell for a Cowans Sheldon LWRT. Links to these work benches can be found here:

87023Velocity's 4mm WB

Simon's 7mm WB MMP class 56

I've decided to keep 1 workbench type thread and see how I go from there. I've got quite a few projects on my workbench, a couple are more involved than others i.e Modern Motive Power class 56 and a London Road Models 4-4-0 Jubilee being built to 00 gauge. I've also got a few smaller items e.g Bachmann OBA's, these are going have scratchbuilt brake work- this is currently missing from the majority of Bachmann's twin axle air brake stock eg OBA,VAA,VGA etc. I am still looking into scratchbuilding the Cowans Boyd Long Welded rail train, I did make a start on using plasticard for construction, but ideally it needs to be built from brass to provide the rigidity I would like. Below are a few pictures from the class 56 build, the only thing I have changed is to rebuild the cab bulkheads as the one supplied appear to be from a class 56. Thanks again to Brian Daniels for pointing this out, as it wasn't too late to try and knock something together. post-6834-12555123994349_thumb.jpg post-6834-12555124215439_thumb.jpg post-6834-12555124710357_thumb.jpg I will try to post some pictures later of the LRM jubilee. Cheers Simon

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in my first post, I said I would show some pictures of the London Road Models LNWR 4-4-0 Jubilee in progress. The two attached pictures show the completed bogie and the partially finished mainframes. There is still a small amount of work required on the mainframes, brakework needs attaching, sand pipes , motor/ axles and wheel quartering etc. The motion bracket has been made up, but I forgot to refit it for the picture.

The loco will be powered by a Mashima motor driving the rear axle and underslung. The driving axles are not compensated either.

post-6834-12562453743913_thumb.jpg

post-6834-12562454208375_thumb.jpg

I will post further updates as I progress.

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...

Sort of let this thread slipblink.gif . Progress on the LNWR Jubilee is still progressing well. I am also currently trying to complete the Mk1 BTU staff coach which has utilised a Hurst's conversion kit. The tool van to go with this is also nearing completion to the body mods, scratchbuilt side doors, next job is the underframe. Will try to get some pics up later.

Finally, I need to continue my build of the MMP class 56. I started this last year at the Wigan show ohmy.gif . I will be on the demonstration stand again this year and will probably be working on the 56. Please feel free to come along and have a dig at how long its taking me! laugh.gif I was hoping to building something else this year like a 58, but there's no point buying one till this is done.

Also, just noticed I have too many projects that are not quite finished yet. Is anyone else like this???

Also, just noticed I have too many projects that are not quite finished yet. Is anyone else like this???

I should imagine that 95% of the regular contributors to the forum are like this. I need to live to 100 just to finish the started projects, let alone the unstarted ones. Why I thought that if I finished 3 projects a year and bought 5 more the pile would go down.... :rolleyes:

Still, when the economy finally dies and all the jobs have gone, at least we can fill our spare time.

Richard

Hi Simon, nice to see you back againicon_thumbsup2.gif . Yes i have a few UNFINISHED/ PARTLY started projects. So i also will not be going to Reading. (need to get some of these projects done)

Rob

Cheers Rob,

Its good to be back. I was thinking of just having 1 workbench thread in this section, but since I work in 4mm and 7mm, it may be best to have 2 seperate ones as before. It may get messy otherwise.

I think when I am at Wigan next weekend, I am going to be strict and stick to buying materials only and no more kits etc, till some of the existing projects have been completed. However the chance of me sticking to that thought are nil.icon_wink.gif

Simon

• 6 months later...

Well after 6 months of no updates with my work bench blink.gif , I thought I better do something about it. I decided in December that I was going to try and complete as many of my unfinished projects/kits as possible before I bought any more wacko.gif . Well I managed to complete all my outstanding Parkside Dundas kits, 6 Grampus and 2 VEA's, nearly completed my Langley Models Seddon Atkinson 4x2 Tractor, Completed the painting and fitting of transfers to my 2 Cambrian Turbots. I've also been working on a Hornby Class 104 conversion and building a London Road Models LNWR Jubilee. Pictures of some of the above can be seen in my gallery.

Anyhow, tonight I have been having a play around with weathering my Hornby class 08, 08761. I've still got a lot to do with it, the chassis has not been touched yet for example.

Here's a shot, still undecided if I need to remove some more of the black/brown gunk from it.

post-6834-127775946882_thumb.jpg

I will hopefully resume work on my Modern Motive power 56 in the near future aswell!

Cheers

Simon

Archived