If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

New member here

ollieholmes

I feel i should introduce myself here. Im Ollie as my screen name hints at, im 26 and i live in Bedfordshire. I remember when i was younger one of my best freinds had a loft layout and we started to build one in the house but it never got beyond the baseboards. Im hoping now to go further and actualy finish a layout. It will need to be portable as i dont have a spare room here. Ive just joined my local model railway club and once i get going on the layout i will try and post a thread here with progress. At the moment i cant decide between two ideas, i will be definatly making full use of DCC being a techie person.

Modelling wise i have built plastic model aircraft. boats and figures for years now and i love doing that but they are very static. (I dont have the time or the patience to get into RC aircraft).

Hi Ollie,

Welcome to the forum! There is lots of great stuff and really helpful and friendly people on here so enjoy!

I know what you mean about the R/C aircraft - my biggest problem with all that is though after all the money and hours put into a model, one little slip with the controls and you have destroyed your work utterly! Trains are both the safest form of land transport AND modelling!

All the best,

Castle

• RMweb Gold

Hello Ollie and welcome,

I think it is many members dream to actually finish a layout! ;)

But good luck and use and contribute as you wish - enjoy.

Kev.

Hello Ollie and welcome,

I think it is many members dream to actually finish a layout! ;)

But good luck and use and contribute as you wish - enjoy.

Kev.

I can already see my problem being not constantly growing a layout. I need to learn to keep it sensible.

Archived