Some of my resprays

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, another model from myself, 37419 in DB Schenker livery, super detailed at 1 end and fitted with a Legomanbiffo sound chip. Started this on Saturday morning about 09:00, finished it this evening about 22:00. Kept me busy over the weekend.

Hope you like.

post-8163-0-42776900-1358116466_thumb.jpg

post-8163-0-36646700-1358116485_thumb.jpg

post-8163-0-50210100-1358116499_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Lee :)

Hello.

I'm really impressed by your resprays/ I try to do something similar and wondered if you'd share your knowledge regarding the orange cantrail method on your 37's.......how do you do it really?

I can say it would be a good idea to open those Bachmann horns out too. It's possible with a pin vice and a small range of drills; holding a horn with one finger(to stop it's bid for freedom) and drilling with the other hand (first a tiny drill and then a larger one) . It makes a heck of a difference to the loco.

Cheers

Andy

Theres a couple of ways you can do the cantrail, some people buy them as transfers which never works for me, others use a Bow Pen or Ruling Pen, but i dont have one of them, what i do is after i have primered the model, is spray orange round the model where the cantrail is going to go, and then once its dry, i use 0.5mm masking tape and put it on where the cantrail is to go. Once thats on i spray all my other colours until its ready for a coat of varnish, then i remove the masking tape leaving the orange cantrail.

Hope that helps. :ok:

Lee

Hi Lee

Great YouTube of the WAG livery is excellent, I must say you do a splendid job of your re-liveries, I wish I could do a WAG, I have the buffet car but need the MK3 coaches and DVT to complete the rake...

Excellent photos, show me more of the production you have done... lol

Jamie

Thanks for the cantrail tip Lee; I didn't realise you could get 0.5mm masking tape. There's some on e-bay but Is there a particular brand you recommend?

I was wondering how you removed the glazing from a Bachmann 37 as the glue they fix it in with these days makes it impossible for me to take it out without it breaking.

Impressive work on the Goyle.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the cantrail tip Lee; I didn't realise you could get 0.5mm masking tape. There's some on e-bay but Is there a particular brand you recommend?

I was wondering how you removed the glazing from a Bachmann 37 as the glue they fix it in with these days makes it impossible for me to take it out without it breaking.

Impressive work on the Goyle.

Cheers

Andy

No probs Andy, i use the 0.5mm from jammydog. Ive never had any problem getting windows out a Bachmann 37, if i cant press it out with my fingers, i use a small screwdriver on the edges and give it a push. If it brakes, im sure shawplan do lazerglaze to replace it, failing wanting to force it, you could always use Maskol from Humbrol on them.

Lee

What make/shade do you use on the 37s nose? Am looking to respray in Dutch?

Hi there, with the Bachmann 37's i tend not to respray the nose ends, the nose ends are removable on Bachmann 37's. However, if i have to, i use precision paints P257 Railtrack warning yellow.

Lee

Hi guys,

another 1 from me, Hornby 67018 in DB Schenker, resprayed into a fictitious Network South East 67015.

Nice looking loco!

Is that a respray for you or a commission?

Hi there, with the Bachmann 37's i tend not to respray the nose ends, the nose ends are removable on Bachmann 37's. However, if i have to, i use precision paints P257 Railtrack warning yellow.

Lee

Agree!! i do the same,when spraying 37"s remove the nose ends first... :sungum:

Archived