Hornby railroad class 31.

I am thinking of getting a railroad class 31 and improving it although advice is sought.

Although i have heard it runs ok there are a few features that i would like to do.

I assume she has no valances fitted and the access door is to be done as a un recon and in the D series.

I intend to fit lights into the headcode once cut out and sheeted with clear plastic.i also intend to fit tail lights.

The question is can lights be fitted to it.

Any help most welcome.

richard.

Guest jim s-w

I assume she has no valances fitted and the access door is to be done as a un recon and in the D series.

I intend to fit lights into the headcode once cut out and sheeted with clear plastic.i also intend to fit tail lights.

Hi Richard

If its pre tops it wouldnt have used onboard tail lights and would have carried an oil lamp instead. Onboard lights where only really used at the start of the 80s (and then only one). Twin tail lights were not really used until the 1990's

HTH

Jim

Jim

having seen your convincing stock and still using lima conversions i thk you for your advice.

i brought model rail but alas the 31 featured is a tops version.

I have took the plunge this weekend with the railroad version which has had the headcode drilled/filled out to represent a pre-tops version with doors still fitted.

Being pleased with the work so far i plan to light the headcode up and fit cab details.

richard.

post-10094-0-51887900-1352580364.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived