Peterborough Station Upgrade/New Platforms

Harry

• RMweb Gold

A modern image N gauge Peterborough layout has always been my dream and I have been keeping a close eye on the redevelopments at the station as I would like to include these into an eventual model.

Although I know what is happening through reading the Network Rail site etc, I have not been able to find any actual plans that clearly show the new track layout and platorm location, length etc. Also which tracks will be removed as some must be. Platform 1 for example will be removed but I wondered how this will further affect the south approach to the station?

There must be plans somewhere so I was hoping someone may have them or can point me in the right direction for some?

Many thanks in advance,

• RMweb Premium

Try the local council website for online planning permission.

Most of the councils up here now have this and its usually fairly straightforward to search.

Jeff.

Remember the railways benifit from something called permitted development rights which means in most cases they do not have to apply for planning permission. That said, NR regard it as good practice to apply for permission anyway, especially if there is any doubt whether the enitre development can be done under permitted rights. (Permitted development rights covers, TMDs, station buildings & platforms, signal boxes etc, but does not cover the building of shops, offices and bars which tend to be a feature of many redevelopment plans).

Archived