The WRHA and its aims

Guest tony graham

Guest tony graham

A little over a year ago I was introduced to the Waverley Route by my good personal friend and fellow Rmweb user Max Stafford. I had little knowledge of this once majestic route.

My first introduction was a 'Driver for a Fiver' weekend last September and since then I have become an active member, attending many of the track weekends they have held and also to the 2012 Model Rail at Glasgow and helped out on the stand.

Why do I mention this you may ask?

Well the WRHA was set up in 2001 by fellow Rmwebbers and brothers Matt & Andy Stoddon mainly to preserve artifacts from the Waverleys heydays. Bridges were listed, tunnel portals at Whitrope too, and a heritage center set up.

The Association has come a long way since then and now operates a railway using the old Border Union Railway name. But this all takes man power and members to support the work being done.

If you would like to support the WRHA and their goals then please visit their website for details of memberships or simply to make a donation. You can also read about what has happened over the years since the Association was set up.

About us: http://wrha.org.uk/about/

Menbership: http://wrha.org.uk/the-association/membership/

Appeals: http://wrha.org.uk/the-association/appeals/

The Association has come a long way since then and now operates a railway using the old Border Union Railway name. But this all takes man power and members to support the work being done.

In 2007, a crack team of railwaymen were sent into the Scottish hills for a crime they did not commit.

They promptly escaped from a well secured p.way cabin to the Whitrope wilderness.

Today, still wanted by the ORR, they survive as preservationists.

If you want to rebuild an Anglo- Scottish trunk route, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them,

Maybe you can hire...

THE WRHA TEAM

Newcastleton P.Way models himself on Colonel Hannibal Smith, with assistance from Faceman Graham, Bad Attitude Stafford and Howling Mad MacIntosh

• RMweb Gold

In 2007, a crack team of railwaymen were sent into the Scottish hills for a crime they did not commit.

They promptly escaped from a well secured p.way cabin to the Whitrope wilderness.

If you want to rebuild an Anglo- Scottish trunk route, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them,

Maybe you can hire...

THE WRHA TEAM

Newcastleton P.Way models himself on Colonel Hannibal Smith, with assistance from Faceman Graham, Bad Attitude Stafford and Howling Mad MacIntosh

Cunny funt!

Maybe you can hire...

THE WRHA TEAM

Brilliant. My brother and I were down in August to have a good look around. Excellent effort being put in there by all concerned!

Brilliant. My brother and I were down in August to have a good look around. Excellent effort being put in there by all concerned!

Better still, get involved! 50x brand new lumps of pressure creosoted baltic pine arriving up there on Saturday morning and they won't insert themselves in the Up line.

Good company, good banter, fresh air and healthy, honest graft. Any mention of Strictly-Come-Dancing, X-Factor or I'm a D-lister, Get Me Out of Here strictly forbidden on pain of death....

Cushty my saan. Nice work, that's my Christmas holiday fireside reading sorted then.

Emails worked too bro, so as you know. I'm gonna scope Torwoodlee out with some chunks of expanded poly blocks, see how her curves translate to 1:76. Unfortunately it's handed wrong for a roundy operated from inside whereas it would be ideal for an exhibition layout. Not that it's gonna deter me.

Sorry readers for that last off-road diversion, let's just say I'm too lazy to send a PM at 0125!

I've e-mailed Santa. I'll be tearing the paper off of that one!!!

Had mine for nearly a fortnight now and STILL haven't found Wally. I would ask for my money back but I got a complimentary copy from the publishers.

The continued use of the word "complimentary" was starting to annoy Iain Mac at the weekend, so I'll keep it up here too.

Complimentary Iain, as in I didn't pay......

• 3 weeks later...

WRHA Members - you can now download the latest issue of The Waverley (Issue 20) from the members' area of the website at

HERE

For those members who need the password please contact us via email with your membership number.

thumb_j20.jpg?w=500

All members will still receive a postal copy in due course.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived