Hornby class 50 50011

pendlerail

Hi folks, i recently bought 50011 from Hornby, I put an esu sound chip in previously installed in a Lima 50, now it no longer does anything above ticking over no matter how fast it goes, all other functions seem to work. Also the marker lights in the roof at the number 1 end don't come on at all, the used to occasionally, anybody got an Ideas?

• RMweb Gold

The only comment that I can add, is that I had a problem with the marker lights at one end also not working. It appeared to be a problem with the connection running by the cab rear interior not being seated properly and therefore the wires not making a good connection. Not fitted sound to my 50, would be interested to see / hear how it works out.

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks, i recently bought 50011 from Hornby, I put an esu sound chip in previously installed in a Lima 50, now it no longer does anything above ticking over no matter how fast it goes, all other functions seem to work. Also the marker lights in the roof at the number 1 end don't come on at all, the used to occasionally, anybody got an Ideas?

Hi,

you may need to alter a few cvs to change the way the chip behaves.

Have a look at CV5 and CV6 to start with. Im afaraid i am away at the moment so can't read mine to see what the CV values are on mine.

Do you know/remember whos sounds are on the chip?

cheers

Simon

• 1 year later...

Archived