Hornby 0-4-0T.

Hi everyone.

Recently I was going through my 'box of mysterious items' and I stumbled upon a Black acrylic spray can. I have this old Hornby 0-4-0T steam loco. It was starting t0 wear off and I need to replace the entire chasis. My loco was from an Industrial Freight set. It was previously Apple Green with British Railways printed on the sides.

Anyway I masked off the buffer beams and sprayed the entire loco in black. I was inspired by the A4 Flying Scotsman in it's war time black livery. So my model is based on that. Now I just need a few things.

1) Any LNER or NE transfers to put on the sides. (mostly in yellowish/gold)

2) Instead of using transfers for the number I thought of getting an etched steel/brass number (any no.)

3) An oval builders/shed plate for the back.

Bear in mind that my loco is purely fictional. Now I'll need to know where I can get the above mentioned Items. I tried Fox Transfers but my server has blocked this site and quite a few other sites. So if anyone can kindly help atleast with the etched numbers and builders plate, please do.

I live in Bangalore (India). There is only one hobby shop here and they deal with Mabar, Marklin, Mehano and Atheran models. They also have they own range of secnery items. They do not have any British models. Secondly I found the transfers that I needed on HMRS. But all I need now is the etched metal numbers.

• 6 months later...

I live in Bangalore (India). There is only one hobby shop here and they deal with Mabar, Marklin, Mehano and Atheran models. They also have they own range of secnery items. They do not have any British models. Secondly I found the transfers that I needed on HMRS. But all I need now is the etched metal numbers.

Hi Jeremiah - I live in Bangalore as well. Can you please tell me the name and address of the hobby shop mentioned and also if they stock OO gauge tracksets with controllers? I need to buy an oval track set with a controller to run my trains. Thanks

Archived