DEEPING CLAY

mason

thanks georgie im glad the green stood out that was a moment of just slapping it on and hoping it would look ok  :D

Hugh thanks for the comment, i should be thanking you to be honest as it was your plan that inspired everything thats been built thank you for the inspiration and the plan

regards

neil

• RMweb Gold

Neil

Nice work - I particularly like the 'Arty Farty' Black + White shots - very atmospheric.

Did you consider putting a piece of black card behind the bridge when you take the photos? I think it will make the images even stronger.

Pete

hi pete, to be honest i really didnt think of that, so i think im going to give it a try and see what happens, great tip.

also  little update, my lovely better half purchased a lima Blue Circle cement PCA for me from ebay which arrived today, was great fun putting all the bits together, although one pulley wheel and the walk plate on the top are missing its a fantastic model and ill be definatly getting some more, i just need to source the parts that i need, and iv just glanced at it again and 2 buffers are missing also, so another part to the list, so if anyone has any ideas of where to get the parts from that would  be most appriciated  :D

thanks for the comment pete

regards

neil

hi all, just a little update. I have finally painted the tall facillty building, base colour was matt grey with brown and black dry brushed on after. The moss effect was a green acrylic drybrushed on in certain areas. i also added a broken drain pipe down one side using cotton buds with the bud bit cut off which where painte grey and  rust and moss painted in to show where the water has run down.

iv also included a few shots of the newly aquired PCA

post-6696-126764357654_thumb.jpg post-6696-126764358881_thumb.jpg

post-6696-126764359742_thumb.jpgpost-6696-126764360785_thumb.jpg

post-6696-126764361947_thumb.jpg

post-6696-126764364441_thumb.jpgpost-6696-126764365623_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Those cotton buds certainly come in use for all aspects of modelling - drives my wife mad when I keep raiding the bathroom store!

Keep it up Neil - the close up photos are looking good.

:D :D, i use them all the time for weathering too, my missus goes mad also, i always say its in the name of art  :D :D, iv also raided the cocktail sticks to try a little fencing :D

thanks for the comment mate.

regards

neil

hi jamie thanks for the comments, the tall building was done using wills box profile sheets fixed to some 3mm plastikard, but i like the idea of the coffee sticks thats interesting.

hi georgie, thanks for the comments, i always try and look for things i can use around the house or at work, some things are very expensive and there is always an alternative.

the tanker still needs the bits sorting that are missing and a good weathering, could do with about 6 more really  :D and a 37  :D

regards

neil

hi all, due to the upcoming arrival of our baby boy, iv reluctantly decided to put deeping clay up for sale, iv posted a for sale ad on the for sale thread.

there will be a new project at some point in the future but it will be small   :D unless we move to a much larger house  :D.

id like to take this time to thank everyone who has contributed in help, advice hints and tips and everyones valid comments and thoughts, building this layout has been great fun and i hope its going to be fun for someone else too either for exhibitions or personal at home use.

post-6696-126797155072_thumb.jpg

post-6696-126797155692_thumb.jpg

kind regards

neil

• RMweb Gold

Neil,

Sorry to hear about the layout sale, but congratulations about your coming new arrival - that money will come in handy to keep the nappies in stock!

Enjoy the time with your family and I am sure you will be back with more threads again. I have two little boys and they love to see their fathers trains.

Deeping Clay has been an enjoyable thread - thanks for sharing it and good luck with everything.

Pete

Thank you pete for your kind words, and congratulations.

it was a very hard decision to put the layout up for sale, i still have pilot road which i dont plan on selling at all, and deeping was taking way to much room up in the bedroom, so its been put up on a temporary basis in the garage until or if its sold  :(, the money will come in handy thats for sure, and iv been sketching a few plans all day for a small shunting plank that will sit on a small shelf in my daughters bedroom, which she will be happy about  :D

overall this has been a great layout to build and iv learnt so much about the china clay and cement rail industry, and spoken to ppl who i would have normally not had contact with. Its shame i couldnt have got this out at a few shows also because its an interesting layout to run.

its weird because SWMBO didnt want me to sell it but in the long run it makes sense.

Thank you again pete for the kind comments and im sure there will be a new thread in a short while, and pilot road will be having regular updates also

kind regards

neil

• 2 years later...

Hi Andy, not sold unfortunately, it got broken up when we moved house and didn't have any room to store while I was building Charlie street, it's a shame as the concept was fairly good and I did pretty well with the buildings, I think it's a concept you could run with very easily

Track plan looks really good and the buildings were very good too, shame it was scrapped it would make a great exhibition layout with Hymeks Panniers and the odd 33 as well. I need ideas for my O Gauge project so I will add this to my list. all the best Andy

Archived