Transfers for Parkside PC32

SM42

Hello All

Hoping the RMweb masses can help here

I have a small fleet of 12 of Parkside's rebulit 21t mineral wagon (kit ref PC32) for which I am seeking some transfers.

My search has come up with two options: a set of three from Modelmaster in which for some reason two of the number sets are identical, and a Fox Transfers general make it up as you go with separate elements type sheet.

Now at my age, eyesight and steadiness of hand are not what they used to be, so the Fox route whilst do-able, is not a prospect I relish (12 numbers and 2 Bs per wagon) and the Modelmaster route only allows two wagons without resorting to some delicate cut and shutting.

Have I missed something hiding somewhere or is there really no alternative to a deep breath and lots of fiddly cutting?

Thanks

Andy

Do Cambridge Custom Transfers do anything suitable?

Alas not, as these are outside of John's period; I think they came out in the mid/late 1970s. I'm having similar problems coming up with number panels for the dozen or so rebuilds with two doors per side that I've done- mind you, if you weather them enough, you can barely read the numbers anyway..

Thank you for the prompt replies.

I had already discounted Cambridge Custom Transfers as these wagons are well out of era (1977 - 1985ish) and I had only intended a light weathering of that nice bauxite side.

So it seems the fiddly option it is.

It's putting the numbers in the boxes that I'm dreading,. I could manage to keep my sanity if I only had to apply two sets of three numbers plus a B per side.

The only other hope I have, is to find some old Woodhead sheets that are lurking somewhere in the house (still unpacking after moving more than 4 years ago) and see if they are any help or even still useable.

Thanks

Andy

Archived