RMweb

CODAR CT 2000 controller

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I have a vintage Codar CT 2000 model railway controller. One of the switches on the front is to select between "Console" and "Remote". When "Console" is slected the controller acts as normal, but when "Remote" is selected nothing happens when the control knob is turned.

As I have no manual for the CT 2000, is there anyone on RMWeb who knows how this switch is intended to be used and how things should be connected?

Thanks

post-158-0-39233600-1354450282_thumb.jpg

post-158-0-69290200-1354450294_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Tony and Keith

Many thanks for your replies.

There is no connection for a remote. Only controlled DC, uncontrolled DC and AC. There is also a chock block connector with numbered terminals but no indication as to what they are for.

The idea of a remote controller makes sense though and is consistent with the behaviour of the switch.

If anyone has a manual it would be interesting to see what that says.

Tony and Keith

There is no connection for a remote. Only controlled DC, uncontrolled DC and AC. There is also a chock block connector with numbered terminals but no indication as to what they are for.

The idea of a remote controller makes sense though and is consistent with the behaviour of the switch.

Could the uncontrolled DC be fed via the switch. Don't know this controller

Tony and Keith

Colin.

Withthe switch turned to remote,measure the output voltage from that choc block with a meter set to Dc volts..

Also measure with the switch turned the other way.

This might give you some indication what that switch is for.

• 1 month later...

Hi Colin.

I have a Codar CT 2000 controller I purchased in 1970/1971. The "Remote" setting switch is indeed for attaching a separate controller.

It is a great controller, great for a large layout. I hope that it is working well for you.

Best Regards,

Geoff.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Geoff and thanks for that confirmation.  I am using the controller for my Hornby Dublo 3-rail layout and it works a treat.

Do you have instructions for your CT2000? and if so, could I be so bold as to ask for a scan to to go with my own controller?

Colin

I used to have a Codar 400 which was a more basic model (but with brake simulation).  The controller itself expired a few years ago but I have the instruction manual for it, and also a Codar catalogue of the time which includes the CT2000 (at £16 10/- this was twice the price of the 400 and well outside my budget!).  The manual won't include all your functions of course, but you are welcome to have it and the catalogue.  PM me your address and I'll put in the post for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Geoff and thanks for that confirmation.  I am using the controller for my Hornby Dublo 3-rail layout and it works a treat.

Do you have instructions for your CT2000? and if so, could I be so bold as to ask for a scan to to go with my own controller?

Hi Colin.

If I still had the instructions you would be welcome. Unfortunately two house moves have caused me to lose track of them -- no pun intended! I bought my CT2000 brand new in 1970/1971 for the princely sum (then) of £16-50.

I'm curious as to how your Hornby Dublo loco's with their elderly 3 pole motors respond to the CT2000?

Best Regards,

Geoff

Hi Colin.

If I still had the instructions you would be welcome. Unfortunately two house moves have caused me to lose track of them -- no pun intended! I bought my CT2000 brand new in 1970/1971 for the princely sum (then) of £16-50.

I'm curious as to how your Hornby Dublo loco's with their elderly 3 pole motors respond to the CT2000?

Best Regards,

Geoff

• RMweb Gold

Hi Geoff

No worries abut the instructions. I got a beautiful set of instructions from Rod ( aka 10800)

The 3 pole motors respond well. In fact I had an old Codar (different model) back in the 1960s with my 3 rail table top layout layout.

• 11 months later...

Archived