Burgess Hill Annual Exhibition

ChrisR

Finally got around to putting this up!

The next annual Model Railway Exhibition by the Burgess Hill MRC wil be held on Saturday 11 May 2013 from 10.00 to 17.00. Other details are:

Venue:
Burgess HillSchool for Girls
Keymer Road
Burgess Hill
West Sussex
RH15 0EG

Admission: £4, Child £2, Family £10

There is plenty of free parking on site and is only about a 5 min walk from the local railway station (Burgess Hill). Buses also pass close by.

Attendees confirmed to 20 April  are:

2mm
Batty Moor - LMR 1947-57/58-68 - Twickenham mrc
St Niklaus - DB modern - David & Linda Coates

Lookout Mountain - USA - Richard Brown

2mm finescale
Paddock Wood Bay in a boxfile - SR 1983 onwards - Pete Matcham

3.5mm HO

La Planche Port - French, Epoch 3, mid 1960s - Tim Hills

4mm NG
Lydford - L&B in a suitcase - Phil Gardner

Elmgate & Thatcham - SE England 1960s - Tim Sanderson

4mm (OO unless otherwise specified)
Holm - GWR 1930/40s - Chris Thomas
Empingham - LMR 1957/58 - Peter Rumbelow
Kiln Road - BR (NE) 1958-64 - Ian Forsyth
Meopham East Junction - SR 1960 to present - john Wass

Better Looking Diesels - 4mm - 1970s - Jon Hughes

7mm
Linden Street - Suffolk Light Railway - Charles Benedetto
Harlyn Road - SR 1960s - Bob Middleton
Taw Magna - WR 1950 - Ilford & West Essex

Big Big Train - Triang 1966-72 - Bob Matcham

Drive Thomas & Paintings - hands on shunting + sales - Matthew Cousins
Bash Street Goods - Hands on shunting

Publicity stands:
Fenchurch Fund (Bluebell Railway)

Seeboard Southern

SNCF

Traders supporting the exhibition are:
3mm Scale Model Railways - 3mm shop

AJ Frames - Steam and aviation prints
All Change - Bespoke weathering
Carriage & Wagon Models - rtr, badges, modified kits
DBH Services - Glue, electronics, Silicon for scenery, tools
Junction 10 Merchandising - Fridge magnets, key rings, coasters
Golden Arrow Productions - resin kits
Martells - rtr
Models U Drive - plastics, wood, paints
Railroad Trading - books and dvds
Realistic Modelling Services - Scenics, trees

Simply Southern - 4mm wagons
W M Collectables - pre owned

Club second hand sales - we can sell on your behalf if you wish. We'll have forms available for you to itemise your items for sale (10% to club funds, the rest to you).

Chris

Updated 31/12/12 to include my previous omissions...

Happy New Year!

Updated 20/03/2013 to cater for withdrawals and additions

...And again for those corrections below!

... And again 15/04/2013 for Jon's amendment, sorry for that!...

... Another amendment: Lookout Mountain will be attending and Orestone Quay won't.

Just heard: Nest Films are not now attending...

I Will put up the floor plan shortly - work has been taking my leisure time away!! :threaten:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice one Chris - Looking forward to it.

One small tweak...should be Paddock Wood Bay (not sidings) in a box file...wouldn't want peeps to think I was turning up with a huge freight yard...:no:

I shall be there with "Holm" - a bit formal Chris though with C Thomas! Could I be Chris Thomas please?

attachicon.gifHolm1.jpg

Nice one Chris - Looking forward to it.

One small tweak...should be Paddock Wood Bay (not sidings) in a box file...wouldn't want peeps to think I was turning up with a huge freight yard.. :no:

Thanks for the requested corrections guys, happy to make sure the entries are all as everyone wishes :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just one correction : Better Looking Diesels - 4mm - 1970s - Jon Hughes. Whilst I work in 4mm covering P4 and OO... I can't profess to having made it to S4 as yet.

Jon

Thanks Jon, suitably amended.

Thanks too for giving us a bump up - we keep disappearing off page 1!

I'm currently doing the floorplan for the exhibiton. Once completed I'll post it up so you can see where you will be located.

At present I am unsure whether we will have the marquee up, but am hoping so. It will be half the size as the one we had last year but it should still have reasonable room for several tables and chairs for you to sit in whilst having your lunch there.

Don't forget, we have two halls in use (the marquee is between them). Last year there were quite a few people exiting saying how small the show was - until they were told and directed to the Gym (secong hall). There was adequate signage for the second hall, or so we thought, as well as everyone being told at the entrance of the two halls, never mind it also being in the guide. Ah well, let's see what this year brings...

Chris

At present I am unsure whether we will have the marquee up, but am hoping so. It will be half the size as the one we had last year but it should still have reasonable room for several tables and chairs for you to sit in whilst having your lunch there.

A marquee, you say? I seem to remember a marquee at another show not that far away from you and it rained and rained and better rained and the said marquee leaked. No, it flooded! I hope you have better luck.

See you soon.   

A marquee, you say? I seem to remember a marquee at another show not that far away from you and it rained and rained and better rained and the said marquee leaked. No, it flooded! I hope you have better luck.

See you soon.   

Ah yes, well that was down the road a bit and the weather in West Sussex seems to be very locally based (cue shouts of derision...) Fortunately, we seem to have been blessed with having reasonable weather at our exhibitions since I took over... I know this year it'll pour on the day now!!

For the past couple of years it has been great on the day but a week either side it has been terrible! Hopefully similar on the day for this year (as well as before / after) - I've got my prayer mat out!

• RMweb Gold

Don't think we'll be having the marquee upafter all... Unless we all get together on Friday night (!) to do it.

It won't be the end of the world if there's no marquee Chris...besides, I will be still building my layout Friday night... :P

• RMweb Gold

So you're voluntering to be our nightwatchman at the school that night are you??! :keeporder:

Negative :no: ...the nice thing about having a layout that fits in a boxfile...is that I can build it anywhere...so it will be at my folks house aided and abetted with Guinness...:D

Thanks for that Chris, it was a good show.

I've now got the floor plan done so here it is.(This is where bcnPete tells me I've done them upside down???)

It's next weekend, so time for a further bump up as well.

Chris

post-9393-0-55119000-1367581492.gif     post-9393-0-67859800-1367581504.gif

Knew I'd forget something  :mosking:   ...

For the guide, stand numbers are:

1. Elmgate & Thatcham  (E)                                                         21. Seaboard Southern   (P)

2. Big Big Train               (E)                                                         22. Simply Southern        (T)

3. Realistic Modelling Services   (T)                                             23. All Change                 (T)

4. DBH Services              (T)                                                        24. Models U Drive           (T)

5. Martells                       (T)                                                        25. W M Collectibles         (T)

6. Railroad Trading         (T)                                                        26. Batty Moor                  (E)

7. Golden Arrow              (T)                                                        27. Drive Thomas & Paintings (T + Hands On)

8. AJ Frames                   (T)                                                        28. Better Looking Diesels (E)

9. SNCF Publicity             (P)                                                       29. Lookout Mountain         (E)

10. La Planche Port         (E)                                                       30. Lydford L.B.S.C.R.        (E)

11. Club Second hand sales                                                        31. Kiln Road                      (E)

(We can sell your stock on your behalf if you bring it along)

12. Club showcase                                                                      32. Taw Magna                    (E)

13 Junction 10 Merchandising       (T)                                         33. Holm                              (E)

14. 3mm Scale Model Railways     (T)                                         34. Paddock Wood Bay IAB (E)

15 Carriage & Wagon Models       (T)                                         35 Linden Street                  (E)

16. Fenchurch Fund                     (P)

17. Empingham                             (E)                                         36. Bash Street Goods       (Hands On)

18. Harlyn Road                            (E)

19. St Niklaus                                (E)

20. Meopham East Junction          (E)

The descriptions are all at the top

• RMweb Gold

Nope...all looking perfect to me Chris :D

Good to see you and Roger (albeit briefly) this morning...look forward to next week.

Now...I have a layout to wire...:O

... just a brief sample. As the pressure is now on and having read about Pete's progress, I thought that I ought to see if the 47 would go back together again. well, I'll have to devise some new indicator panel glazing (as it was stopping body-chassis mating)... but otherwise it'll do (I hope). Plinth is new... and Nimbus can sit there too. This has been quite a project and completion is planned prior to Scaleforum. I need to post a blog update at some point 'cause I've been busy with this, the plinth, the display plans ... oh and real diesels on the Mid-Hants ... for which my photo set (off topic) is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/nimbus20/sets/72157633389311509/

post-8351-0-27492900-1367689887_thumb.jpg

Hope to see you all next week... please stop by and say hi. I'll be keeping an eye on PWBIAB from across the aisle  ;)

Small amend to the layout in the Croft Hall :

Stands 18 & 19 will be swapped round so that the fiddle yard on stand 19 is towards the centre of the hall rather than at the end. Oops (had been looking at the floor plan upside down...  :scratchhead: ). Too late to amend the programme (lets see who notices...).

Chris

Archived