Burgess Hill Annual Exhibition

ChrisR

• RMweb Gold

Just back from the show - absolutely knackered :O

But a very enjoyable day - only got to have a quick look round at the other layouts but what I saw was the usual high standards that the exhibition offers.

I will update my blog in the next few days with my thoughts on how PWBIAB performed/was received.

Thanks to Chris and his team for the hospitality and organising a great spread - I guess the kit-kats will have to wait until the next time I exhibit :laugh:

... another long but enjoyable day. Nice to watch the comings and goings through the crowd around PWBIAB from across the aisle... As Pete's said; thanks to Chris and the club members for making us feel welcome and providing the hospitality. Running Thomas as well as my own display (with help) kept me busy, but the club members were very helpful and my boys did a sterling job helping out too... Great to catch up Pete... and had some nice chats during the day. Had a couple of quick dash arounds but not too long to dwell on what look like a good selection of layouts. Well done Chris... another successful event!

Jon

Thanks guys for your kind comments and thanks too for helping make the show the success it was. Great to see both Pete's PWBIAB and jon's Diesels in reality - looking much better than the photos can show, well done Pete on your creation!

I finally left at about 19.10.

Not had much of an evening as I've been sorting out all the signs and associated paperwork for filing - you know how it is...

Now it's done so I can have a rest - oh yes, after I've rung the raffle prize winners (does this job never end???)!

Chris

From the Meopham team, many thanks for a wonderful weekend organised by Chris and his team(We travelled home on the Sunday by the way) it was not even marred by transport difficulties. I hope we can bring another layout in the future.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Shame that 6 months on there are no photos from the show - Think the website hadn't been updated with the pics too when I last checked.

For those they can't make a show (I had 5 years of missing most shows due to living abroad) I personally always like to see what I had missed and it serves as a good advert for the next year IMHO.

(Chris - This is meant to be a plug for pics than a criticism as it was a good show...)

Shame that 6 months on there are no photos from the show - Think the website hadn't been updated with the pics too when I last checked.

For those they can't make a show (I had 5 years of missing most shows due to living abroad) I personally always like to see what I had missed and it serves as a good advert for the next year IMHO.

(Chris - This is meant to be a plug for pics than a criticism as it was a good show...)

I can go one better. 

Here is a video that I took of the burgess hill show this year.

hope you enjoy 

• RMweb Gold

I still have the Exhibition guide from the event. Which one was your layout?

Paddock Wood Bay - 2mmFS - The blog link is in my signature.

Seriously, I was only joking - it's good to have some record of some of the layouts there captured.

Paddock Wood Bay - 2mmFS - The blog link is in my signature.

Seriously, I was only joking - it's good to have some record of some of the layouts there captured.

Very nice layout.

I try and get the best shots I can of the layouts but it can be hard to get the whole of them in.  

Sorry chaps for not posting any photos here (nor on the web site), yet... Thanks ShuntShed for the posted video

As with most things the professional life gets in the way of domestic and leisure, so much so that I'm still 8 months behind in storing and cataloguing my pics. Hopefully I'll get some of them done and uploaded soon. I have been updating the web site ... but only locally. Finding the time to upload seems to have escaped me as well!!

As it's about 6 months to our next exhibition (Saturday 17 May 2014 is the date for the diary, same venue and times as this year), I'll be starting to post up in a new thread. Two in parallel, help!

Be a bit different at this forthcoming show as the main entrance will have moved round the side of the main building (where the emergency exits were), with what was the main entrance now two classrooms. There's also NO stage so we're all on one level. Confused? I was until I had a site visit earlier this week. Does look grand.

Chris

Archived