Working Point Levers

robmills

Having enjoyed operating the Club's smallish 7mm layout lots of times, I've finally taken the plunge into the larger scale. I've acquired two small but interesting locos, and a few wagons, but now after a while looking have managed to get hold of 3 Lima/Rivarossi points, and a few bits of track. These appeal because the track looks very light railway-ish - looks about code 100 rail, and small radius points, 700mm. All thanks to that auction site, of course.

These will be put to use on a layout 6'2" by 10 1/2" - odd, but that's the size of the bit of ply I had, and it fits the space available!

I've cut off the point operating mechanism which was very intrusive, and I was wondering if there is anybody who currently supplies/makes working point levers, like the old Gem or Hornby Dublo ones for 00. Not the signal box/lever frame type, but the trackside throw-over type. As I am going to use three link couplings, I thought It would be nice to change the points also by hand, rather than with some mysterious sub-baseboard mechanism.

I am also looking for some decent loco crew who are suitable for post-war railways. All the Phoenix ones look like extras from the Railway Children, about 50 years out of date for my modelling.

All suggestions gratefully received. I am looking forward to posting some pics when i get some track laid.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for that link John. I followed it through to the manufacturers, Caboose Industries, and find they do an O gauge version, of which I have ordered some from another suppplier (Google is your friend!) who ships to the UK. They are American outline, and to American O gauge scale I presume, 1/48, but I am sure they can be modified to suit a UK industrial application.

cheers

Rob

Archived