RR&CO +NET

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, cannot help you with this one. No experience of +net at all. Beast was the only person I have met who has used it.

Out of interest, just what have you in mind?

It's a problem of screen real estate. The railway fully occupies the 4 monitors that I have on the current computer. (I could really use a fifth to display the timetable and schedules.)

The roadway is now about half way through the hardware install and the +street panel as set up in RR&co covers 2 screens. So I can either display the railway panel, or the roadway, but not both at once.

I have a redundant PC sitting spare and was contemplating using this on +net to run the roadway. It would require investment in a dual head video card and 2 more monitors in addition to the extra software, so I wanted to be confident that it would work before committing to the expenditure.

Alternative solutions welcome!

Alan

Have you thought about using the Smarthand mobile solution. Worth a look at. Its just a web based version of the software and access through any web browser. You can use a tablet, mobile phone or of course another PC.

You just punch in the IP address into the web browser that RR&Co TC gives you and switch panels, train controllers etc pop up on the screen.

Cannot say it will work with +Street as I don't use it but worth a try. Have a look.

• RMweb Gold

TTG, you are a genius!

Why didn't I think of that...

I already use smarthand mobile on a Galaxy Note as a wireless handheld controller.

It took all of 20 minutes this afternoon to cobble together some redundant networking kit and get the +Street switchboard working on its own monitor on the spare PC.

Works a treat and at no extra cost!

• RMweb Gold

+Street lets you control road vehicles as you do the trains.

At its simplest, divide the roadway into blocks, use sensors and stop coils and TC will keep one vehicle per block, keep track of their location and operate the points in the road to route them according to your schedules.

Alternatively, use the DCC system to control the vehicles, using aftermarket decoders. I use the DCCar system, but others are available. With this, you can have multiple vehicles per block as they maintain their own separation. TC keeps track and routes vehicles as per schedules.

My system is very much a work in progress, more details can be found on my thread "Experiments with Faller car system".

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Vehicles are a mixture of plastic kits and EFE, Base Toys or Oxford die cast, motorised with parts from Faller donor vehicles, then fitted with DCCar decoders and infra red transmitters and receivers.

All described with pics on the aforementioned thread.

Alan

Archived