N Gauge Transfers for renumbering locos used on the S&DJR

Hi .... I am new to this group :-))) Amazed at the info available on the entries and the willingness of people to share info with others ... great!

Does anybody know if N-Gauge transfers are available ( for cabside and smokebox) for locos that were "regulars" on the S&DJR? I have tried to contact a few firms that sell transfers but I don't really seem to be getting anywhere yet :-(

Regards Mike

I am not aware of any specific ones off the top of my head. However weren't most S&DJR locos simply painted in the standard liveries of their day?

That being the case I would assume the LMS, SR or (post-1948) BR standard numbering sheets would be suitable. Most N gauge transfer sheets let you make up numbers as you need. Transfers are easy to cut so it is straight forward to make up numbers for a specific loco.

What period are you modelling and which locos do you wish to number?

I am not aware of any specific ones off the top of my head. However weren't most S&DJR locos simply painted in the standard liveries of their day?

That being the case I would assume the LMS, SR or (post-1948) BR standard numbering sheets would be suitable. Most N gauge transfer sheets let you make up numbers as you need. Transfers are easy to cut so it is straight forward to make up numbers for a specific loco.

What period are you modelling and which locos do you wish to number?

Hi ....

I am interested in the period 1948 until the closure of the line. This would be a combination of LMS / SR and GWR locos that were used on the S&DJR.

I am not aware of anybody producing N Gauge transfers for the smokebox and cabside numbers .... any ideas who might produce them?

Regards Mike

The ModelMaster range is available through the N Gauge Society (an excellent organisation to join, even if you do not wish to take advantage of the society shop).

http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php?page=ngs-shop-m

Fox are available through their own website and certainly do some numbering transfers. The GWR is a little harder because they used cast number plates rather than painting the numbers on. Etched number plates are available from various sources (including the NGS) but you might find it a bit harder if you are looking for specific locos. Places like Guilplates will etch custom plates for you but I do not know what their prices are like.

Hi ....

I am interested in the period 1948 until the closure of the line. This would be a combination of LMS / SR and GWR locos that were used on the S&DJR.

I am not aware of anybody producing N Gauge transfers for the smokebox and cabside numbers .... any ideas who might produce them?

Regards Mike

Is there anything specific you are looking for Mike?

If you have something specific in mind you could always get some custom transfers made. Railtec models will do custom sheets on request at a reasonable price. You specify the numbers you want and font and colour. They will provide a quotation.

I have used them before and been very pleased with their service and quality of product.

http://www.railtec-models.com/scale-model-transfers.php

Archived