Lenz LZV100 assistance please.

DaveyH

• RMweb Gold

I have bought a second-hand Lenz Set 90 which contains the LZV100 Command Station. I have already got an NCE Procab set up and have bought this Lenz system to start playing with computer control and, at some stage, Railcom. Having done some homework, I have read that to use the USB interface available for the Lenz system the Command Station needs to be version 3.6.

Having read the manuals for the set 90, for the LH90 and for the LZV100 I am still stuck, so a simple request really, how do I interrogate the LZV100 to discover which software version it is running?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I have bought a second-hand Lenz Set 90 which contains the LZV100 Command Station. I have already got an NCE Procab set up and have bought this Lenz system to start playing with computer control and, at some stage, Railcom. Having done some homework, I have read that to use the USB interface available for the Lenz system the Command Station needs to be version 3.6.

Having read the manuals for the set 90, for the LH90 and for the LZV100 I am still stuck, so a simple request really, how do I interrogate the LZV100 to discover which software version it is running?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi Dave

This works with a LH100 not sure if it will work with a LH90 or not

Press F then 9 - display should now show "SYS _

Press 8 - display will now show version ie V30 / V35/ V36

Press Esc twice to exit

HTH

Ken

Press arrow key then 0 key untill SYS shows on screen.

Press A screen will read y 10.

Press 4 key untill 13 is shown on screen.

Press A key, the screen will now show command station version.

30= v3 35=3.5 36= 3.6

Press arrow key to exit.

Instructions are on page 34 of the V3 LH90 manual and page 33 & 34 of V3.6 LH90 manual

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Having done some homework, I have read that to use the USB interface available for the Lenz system the Command Station needs to be version 3.6.

Dave

You can set up the USB interface with V3.5. They do (or certainly did) send two CDs for the driver installation..........one CD for 3.6 the other for 3.5

• RMweb Gold

You can set up the USB interface with V3.5. They do (or certainly did) send two CDs for the driver installation..........one CD for 3.6 the other for 3.5

The earlier (now discontinued) LI-USB interface works with 3.5 and 3.6. But I understand the new USB/LAN interface (part 23151) requires 3.6.

• RMweb Gold

The earlier (now discontinued) LI-USB interface works with 3.5 and 3.6. But I understand the new USB/LAN interface (part 23151) requires 3.6.

Glad I replied cautiously! My information (ie my installation) is 5 years old.......................at the risk of straying off topic is there any major advantage to upgrading the Lenz........I use it with RR&Co so I dont need the stacking feature.

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for all the advice, I have now discovered that I can't read properly (it was dark when I was reading the manual, honest)!

I have version 3.5 of the LZV100 and version 3.1 of the LH90.

Looks like I need to find a LI-USB in order to proceed........

• RMweb Gold

I use the LI-101F having had problems with LI-USB and RR&Co - LI-USB's fault. But I discovered my PC, although fairly new, still had a serial interface, albeit just a 9-pin connector on the motherboard. I only needed to splash out about £2 on Ebay to get a connector so that I could plug it in easily.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I now have my LH90 and the LZV100 upgraded to version 3.6.   I also have a LI-USB and a trial version of RR&Co "Gold".

Setting routes, changing signals, block control using the feedback circuitry on the Lenz kit - I love it!

I have masses to learn now, but every "session" is an adventure into something new and exciting.

Great fun!

I think you have to send it to a Lenz  dealer. A & H Models or DCC Supplies . If V4.0 ever comes out then once you have upgraded to that then there will be no further need to send units back to dealers. However there is a lot of doubt about whether the upgrade will ever arrive.

• RMweb Gold

I took it to A & H Models who did the job whilst I waited (and spent money on other stuff :no:)

No charge for the upgrade - would have had to pay for postage if I hadn't chosen to drive.

Excellent service.

Archived