Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Cameo Clich?s

Julia

Reading through a railway mag this afternoon I noticed that one of the layouts had a cameo of a wedding outside the church next to the line, which reminded me of the layout in the last edition, that had a wedding outside the church next to the line... This made me have a brief flick through a few editions looking at the layouts, and the cameo scenes many of them have had added. It seems the same scenes appear to be repeated in many layouts, be it weddings, rock climbers, broken down car, building on fire, etc...

I want to make a layout that isn't entirely filled with the same old cliche scenes that seem to be apparent on many layouts, and this got me thinking. Other than those listed above, what other cliche cameo's are there that seem to be popular? what about other cliche layout details?

J

PS I'm not talking about layout cliche's like the GWR BLT (you know it's gone to far when you can describe it entirely by acronyms...)

Other than those listed above, what other cliche cameo's are there that seem to be popular?

Julia,

it is an excellent topic. But one we have covered before at some length. You will find a large number of answers (in excess of 600 posts) here and this much shorter one with lots of pictures.

While BLTs are mentioned, that topic covers the cameos you discuss (bus on a bridge, for example) in some detail.

As you can see - this is a very popular topic.

Archived