Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Print colours you see on your screen-Demo-ScaleScenes freebie

Guest Jim Read

Guest Jim Read

Hello all,

I have been asked by Jules [auxie22] to make a video to show how to print what you see on your screen. I have a Canon printer but this will apply to any printer they all have these settings in their properties. I have used the ScaleScenes freebie warehouse as an example.

http://tinyurl.com/c8b5lmk

Previous videos you might be interested in;

How to make buildings from photographs using any version of Photoshop
http://tinyurl.com/cafzd9x

Basic image editing in any version of Photoshop
http://tinyurl.com/c4ppmot

Cheers - Jim

Edited by Jim Read
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim Read

Thanks Jules and Thanks Terry,

I'm really pleased that it's been of some help.

Happy new year to you both and to everyone else who reads this.

Jim

• 7 years later...

Should anyone, like me, be taking a leisurely stroll through the entirety of this forum, just to let you know that Jim Read's videos are no longer found on the links given in this thread, and I haven't found a way to contact Jim to let him know or ask  for new links (for all I know, he may no longer be with us - this thread is from 2013, after all!)

Steve S

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Should anyone, like me, be taking a leisurely stroll through the entirety of this forum, just to let you know that Jim Read's videos are no longer found on the links given in this thread, and I haven't found a way to contact Jim to let him know or ask  for new links (for all I know, he may no longer be with us - this thread is from 2013, after all!)

Steve S

Hi Steve, 

Email John at Scalescenes as I seem to recall he was going to provide something similar.

Thanks

Phil H

• Thanks 1

So what problem are we trying to solve here?  I have built a lot of structures using either Scalescenes kits or components and everything looks great.  I just press "Print" and things come out without drama.

My printer is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 which uses oil based ink.

John

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

I agree - unusual to have a problem.

However, some people did at the time of the original post with the help videos.

I remember that some printers have 'fit to page' as a default setting and that may have been the problem.

Thanks

Phil H

Yes, mine has "fit to frame" but you get a thumbnail and a tick box.  As far as colours go I am very well satisfied with my printer.

As I build in 7mm, I have to size my prints to fit the paper anyway.

John