1/24 with a 00 gauge layout combi

emperor3005

Today I have started wiriring my cars up so that they work better than before I have also reading previous comments have thought of starting on the driver wagon for the figure to sit on and passenger wagons for visitors of the modelled area to enjoy on the scaxtric website I remember 1/32 garages whichh could be modefiyed/boged our posibly build one from scratch using dollhouse brick and other element's.As I have a sister dollhouse's are liked by girls I can enjoy my hobby whilst enjoying my sisters contemptmen I am very much looking forward to progressing on my layout.

If going for a riding wagon it may look better using 9mm (N gauge) stock as the base for the garden railway. 15 inch gauge locos tend to be big enough for the driver to ride in but smaller gauge miniature railways frequently provide a riding wagon for the driver of shunter type locos.

1:24 on N gauge has an established following on the Gn15 forum where it is referred to as "Gnine".

http://forum.gn15.info/viewforum.php?f=10

Firstly i have no intrest in n gauge no ofence and seconly i think n gauge wouldent stand out as how ar you going to seat 1/24 pepole on there riding wagon when there bum is to big to fit sorry but i dont think that will work for what i am trying to chive

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the link Salopian provided, you'll find plenty of information on how 1/24 figures can quite easily fit on 9mm gauge stock to good effect.

How much space do you have available? I've worked in 1:24 and it eats space. The garage on your plan is going to be pretty big, so the hotel is going to be massive. I built a small corrugated iron shed and that worked out more 150mm square, then probably that again at it's highest point.

my idea was to use the garage as storage for my many 1/24 cars so that space has been found and the hotel is more like a small b&b as a dolls house sort of half a building .as i must of forgot to say i have downsized due to as you say space and the trains well that will only be small as is why we work with small scales thanks for your concern and any other things i havent picked up on please drop a reply

• RMweb Premium

Just a little update planing the layout i am finding easy however i am finding it hard to find materialssuch as brick sheet and such like to make the planed buildings shown in the original plan see first entry.If any such supplyer's are known please inform me.

As reported elsewhere 1/24 is one of the scales used by Dolls House modellers as is 1/12 (this being the more popular)

As I have a Interest in Gn15 which Is about 1/24 or 1/22.5 scale I encountered the same problems in sourcing materials.

First of all try to get to a Dolls House show ( I note you live in the Staffs area and such a fair is held at the Stafford County Showground I think twice a year with one coming up soon - see there website for dates)

You could surf the net for other shows or check W H Smiths for Dolls House magazines.

One trader who did stock 1/24 embossed plasticard is I G Steam and I am pretty sure they will be attending the G scale exhibition once again at the Showground in think June time.

Squies also list in there catalogue a some 1/24 embossed plasticard.

I hope this helps

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Just checked the Stafford Showground Website and the Dolls Fair/Show is Sunday 13th January on the same date there is also a Toy Fare/Swapmeet at the Showground

Eltel

I am at the moment trying to source goods for my buildings and for people interested in this this idea for cheapness go to sue ryder care and 99% of the time they sell old and brand new dolls house furniture which is brilliant for this scale however be sure to take a figure as some is the right scale and some is of different scales.So this is my mission at the present hope that this helps following the last post which include plans for the hotel via a hyperlink.

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget there is a Dolls House Fair at the Stafford County Showground this Sunday 13th Jan they can be a good source of 1/24 bits and bobs for you Gn15 railway modellers.

Also on at the same venue is a Swapmeet on the same day organised by Barry Potter

Eltel

Only three weeks to go for the 2013 Stafford Railway Circle Model Railway Exhibition also of course held at the Stafford County Showground 2nd & 3rd February more details on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

• RMweb Premium

No there are no buses on a Sunday and its to far and dangerous to walk to the nearest bus stop (2miles) that why when our club exhibition is held we hire in courtesy buses on both days from the railway station.

See www.staffordrailwaycircle.ork.uk for bus timetable and full details regarding the exhibition

Eltel

• RMweb Gold

I remember seeing a great 1:24/00 layout on the exhib circuit a few years ago which represented Hythe RHDR (although the trains were not as massively long as on the RHDR).

For a private railway in the grounds of a hotel, I think that 10.5" gauge or 7.25" gauge track might be more likely than 15". 10.5mm gauge track is available but loco mechanisms might be an issue. So perhaps 9mm track is a better solution.

Then the question is whether the hotel railway is "miniature" (reduced-size models of main line locomotives) or narrow-gauge.

Archived