Hornby/Lima Mk2 (non air-con) coach ends? And Glazing....

Hi all,

Hope you'll have had a wonderful Christmas season. I am currently on holiday in Calcutta and I received a parcel from an uncle who lives in the UK. It consisted of 3 Mk1's and 2 Mk2's. Now whilst not having any major problems with the Mk1's (being 2nd hand) I do have a slight issue with the Mk2's. Firstly one coach has a part chipped off from the corridor end - so I'd like to know if I can use filler to fix it? If not then can I get replacement coach ends? I shall post pictures of them soon as I can't do it now. Secondly I can't seem to find any glazing for the windows. Since these coaches are old and second hand the just have the clear plastic strip. SE Finecast doesn't have Mk'2 glazing (non air-con) in their list. Any other suggestions as to what I can do. I apologize as I can't post pictures, but I'd just like to know how I can fix a chipped end and where I may get glazing.

Thanks in advance, I know you guys are of good help.

Jeremiah.

No Nonsense Kits used to do white metal corridor ends for Mk2 coaches.

The ones I bought off him were plastic; they're sitting on a shelf doing nothing, if they'd be of use to you, Jeremiah. Drop me a mail if you'd like them. Unless you're very good with a razor saw,however, you'll almost certainly need some filler to conceal the joins.

Can't help with the glazing, I'm afraid.

Lima Mk2B glazing

SE37

Hornby TSO glazing

SE54

Hornby BSO/BFK glazing

SE55

so these are the non-aircon versions??

The ones I bought off him were plastic; they're sitting on a shelf doing nothing, if they'd be of use to you, Jeremiah. Drop me a mail if you'd like them. Unless you're very good with a razor saw,however, you'll almost certainly need some filler to conceal the joins.

Can't help with the glazing, I'm afraid.

how do I pay you? And I live in India :(

Just had another look at my coach, turns out it's a Lima model. The other one it a Hornby version - BTW, what liveries did the non aircon Mk2's appear in? Only in Regional Railways, BR Blue Grey and NSE right? I'd like to repaint mine after I do them up. I'm just doing basic detailing like putting on better wheels, handrails and adding flush glazing.

• RMweb Premium

Most common was blue/grey

However the Mk2 (Hornby) and Mk 2B Lima did not run together as Mk2 was vacuum braked mainly.

But it will easily convert to a 2A which were on the Western region along with 2Bs

Archived