iPhone users help please.

250BOB

I'm a fairly new user to the apple iphone......I can successfully download pictures to my PC which uses windows xp.

But when I download the video clips I have taken, they will not play at all properly, virtually unwatchable.....so jerky its untrue.

Am I missing something here.....is there some software or other I need to have on my pc .

Any help or advice appreciated please.

Thanks.......Bob

Are you playing them back through Apple 'Quicktime'? If you're running XP (remember Microsoft are stopping support for this OS in about a years time), this might be an old laptop/desktop - I'm guessing - so the video card might not be able to handle the streams/data from your newer iPhone (5?) which will be of a higher quality than the card is designed to handle. What setting on your iPhone are you recording with?

So many questions to be answered, before a proper answer can be given.

regards

Mike

Are you playing them back through Apple 'Quicktime'? If you're running XP (remember Microsoft are stopping support for this OS in about a years time), this might be an old laptop/desktop - I'm guessing - so the video card might not be able to handle the streams/data from your newer iPhone (5?) which will be of a higher quality than the card is designed to handle. What setting on your iPhone are you recording with?

So many questions to be answered, before a proper answer can be given.

regards

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your reply.........its a laptop about 4 years, possibly 5 years old.....running XP.

My phone is the 4S........but you have got me when you ask what setting I am recording with on my iphone....???

Bob

I have an iPhone 4. I recorded some video and can play it back through VLC and Quicktime with no problems. Quicktime gives a better rendering - not surprising. I would suggest the problem lies with age of the software you are viewing it through. My home PC is 5/6 years old and has a rather decrepit nvidia 8400 video card and viewing HD streams pushes it to its limits. But has no problems viewing video off my phone. I don't believe the video camera was updated on the 4 to the 4S - I wait to be corrected on this.

Try downloading the latest VLC player and Apple Quicktime - both free - and see if that helps to start with. If it does not, then look to see if your video card has the latest drivers installed.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I made a film showing my garden line (since closed and lifted) using an iPhone 4S as a bit of an experiment. I had previously changed my 4 year old Windows laptop for a Macbook Air, and the video was edited using iMovie. I tried this having seen a video on the National Geographic website made using an iPhone.

My video can be found here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oCCGNm9-A6w

These days I often just use an iPhone for still photography too, in this case processed using an iPad app. Budapest West Railway Station:

post-18154-0-51556500-1359449172_thumb.jpg

Ian

Archived