New Dapol Britannia 'Tornado' overheating.

RevEv

Dave

Thank you for the apology.

When I posted originally I was totally unaware of your involvement on this board so was not looking for one.

I accept that I was, perhaps, unfortunate with this engine but I will be circumspect in ordering any loco in the future from any manufacturer - especially as I am getting doom sayers already warning me of possible faults with the A1!!!  What is more important when something goes wrong is the response from supplier and manufacturer.  In this case I have had a satisfactory response on both points.

Hopefully your A4's do better...!

Must try to resist! :angel:

As is always the case, when something goes wrong people always complain, when something goes right they never say thanks!.

Huw

It is Dapol Dave's participation on boards like this one that keeps me buying Dapol locos.  I went through a period where if I didn't have bad luck with a Dapol loco I didn't have any luck at all.  But I have always been impressed with Dave's obvious focus on his customer's satisfaction and his willingness to communicate directly with them - and sometimes take it on the chin.  By contrast, I think the only time I have ever seen someone from Barwell write on this board was a post in response to the many complaints about last year's new line of Farish coaches being made to 1:160 scale instead of the correct 1:148.  Admittedly, perhaps the Bachmann people post more often in other forums (and I'd love to be set right if that is the case).

To the OP, I'd just say that I've had duff locos from both Dapol and Farish and that while I absolutely understand his frustration I would not want this one experience with the Brit to keep him from trying Dapol again.  They can and do make some fine engines.  I swore them off myself once, but the Class 26 won me back and now in addition to it, I have examples of its 9F, Q1, M7, 14xx, 56, 122 and Manor - with the two tank engines even bought second-hand.

Matt

I'd agree with Matt- my experience of Dapol locos is overwhelmingly positive.

I've had a 14xx, 45xx, 73, 67, 86, 26, 156, Hymek, Voyager and A3 and i've only had issues with one loco- an A3 which wouldn't move at all! My Farish stuff has been good too but i've had a dodgy 47 which didn't behave itself so for me its been 1 all between Farish and Dapol!

All the best with the A1!

Ian B

Gents

A1 has now arrived and is now running beautifully on my layout, chipped and programmed and hauling a great rake of coaches (only 6, but that's enough).

Initially it displayed all the problems mentioned in other threads (sticking motion, squeaking, nosing) but, after a judicious application of oil in the right places, its all sorted.

H

Archived