railroad 33 spares?

Hesperus

I've been trying to build a working chassis for my 7mm scale 0-4-2t for a while now and had put it to the back of my mind.

I've just had a quick scan on ebay looking for a cheap but better motor for something else with cheap being the operative word and came accross the 4Vep motor.

A quick search on here showed that this may not be a wise move but I was quite taken by those big brass worms on each end for powering the 0-4-2 so checked the wheelbase of other D+E models that have the newer Railroad style motor bogies.

The class 33 has 10' wb bogies so is by far the closest to the 42mm that I need, but I can't find any parts for it listed anywhere. Is it just a case of it being to new to be catered for?

Or anything else thats good and cheap with a worm on each end to drive axles 42mm apart that would fit between the frames on a small 0 gauge loco?

Thanks Guy's,

Horsetans right, the High Level kit is somewhat more than I was hoping to spend but looking at it led me to pricing up the Machima motor that it's based on and finding that they are not really much more expensive than buying Hornby spares.

Archived