Hudswell Clarke "Italia"

Ruston

Yes, the round ones seemed much easier to make and they also make my model just that bit different from anyone else's.

It's now up and running, with a light dose of weathering. I fitted the decoder yesterday evening and then oiled and ran it on the layout this morning.

post-494-0-47026600-1359387823.jpg

The poor winter light does nothing for the livery or the camera for that matter!

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Great stuff Dave.

You've made a briliant job out of this kit.  A nice looking loco.

Think it may deserve one of your excellent videos too! 

:)

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 05/01/2013 at 15:57, Ruston said:

I don't usually post my kit builds for reasons outlined in another thread in this section of the forum but as I've currently got one on the go, here goes...

It's an Agenoria Models kit of what the blurb describes as an Italia class Hudswell Clarke, although I can find no loco so named in the works list contained in Ron Redman's book The Railway Foundry Leeds 1839-1969.

The kit is meant to build into the WC&P's Walton Park and is provided with name plates, but I'm not modelling the WC&P so my loco will be an anonymous version and, possibly, with a few alterations to suit other locos of the type that I have seen in photos in various books.

post-494-0-84203600-1357401297.jpg

Rivets dimpled out, buffer beams soldered on, overlays for springs soldered on and springs bent up.

post-494-0-67255000-1357401375.jpg

Cab assembled. I'm using resistance soldering for the first time and I'm impressed with how little cleaning up is neccessary. This picture is as put together - no cleaning has been done at all in this pic.

post-494-0-40041500-1357401425.jpg

Screws to fix frames to bodywork soldered in and cab fitted to running plate.

Quick question, Ruston. What's the book? 

Lovely engine, by the way. 

It almost looks like a freelance Leeds special with a bit of Peckett thrown in for good measure. A great colour too, very similar to my 85A Hunslet ,Astley.  ( Lady Pamela if the original builder is reading,)

Edited by doilum