Goto Page not working

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Jeff - of Kirby Luneside and phsyics fame - has asked me to check a "feature" to ensure it wasn't him and from what I can see it's either a fault or both of us doing something wrong

Using Jeff's layout thread as the guinea pig

post-6662-0-71008200-1357476372_thumb.png

Click on page 77 of 117 (in this case), enter required page and press go

post-6662-0-77402700-1357476436.png

Page 1 is loaded - but notice the url, it ends in page-75 which is correct but has a superfluous & which is the issue.

post-6662-0-62196100-1357476454_thumb.png

A work around

If we click on the url, go to the end (press end)  and then back space / delete the & and press return to refresh, all is well and page 75 loads as requested.

post-6662-0-30253700-1357476470_thumb.png

Tested - and fails - on Chrome, Firefox and IE9 - so it looks to be a fault in the software, it's not handling a dangling & correctly on the direct url - or the & should not be present so the "goto" function needs modifying

cheers,

• RMweb Premium

Is this connected to the fault that I am getting on a regular basis.  When I click to go onto another page, and it seems to be at random intervals I get another window opening up with the following url:-

It then says Connection not found in the main area of the window.   I usually solve this by just closing the tab and carrying on with what I am doing.

I'm running Firefox under Windows XP.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I've removed the link as I think you may have some ad-ware on your system taking you to places you don't really want to go.

I'd recommend downloading the free version of Lavasoft's Adaware and run a scan.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the help Dave (Beast). I'm glad to see it wasn't only me that's been having the problem.

Your "fix", removing the & from the link, works well and will keep me happy until something more permanent is done.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks for the help Dave (Beast). I'm glad to see it wasn't only me that's been having the problem.

Your "fix", removing the & from the link, works well and will keep me happy until something more permanent is done.

Cheers,

Jeff

I'll get on the case tomorrow and see if Invision can give a solution.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jamie,

I've removed the link as I think you may have some ad-ware on your system taking you to places you don't really want to go.

I'd recommend downloading the free version of Lavasoft's Adaware and run a scan.

Thanks very much for that Andy I'll run the scan.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Andy - a related problem?

The "Go to last unread post" link has disappeared from the top of the page next to the "Reply to this topic" faux button

In fact I don't recall seeing it since the last upgrade. The right mouse click on the blue dot on the VNC still seems to work though and is the only way to return to a topic where you last left off.

Archived