Cradley Heath MRC Ist Model Railway Exhibition

Dukedog

I hope I'm not too early in starting to promote our First ever model railway ehibition but here goes!

This new event on the exhibition calendar takes place at the club meeting place on the 19th October 2013

post-6768-0-77432000-1357578580.jpg

Full details at our web site http://tinyurl.com/Cradleyhmrc click on "Exhibition" from the home page.

A lot of the layouts confirmed will be familiar to members of this august forum!

More details will be added to this thread as and when I get updates.

PS We still have room for more small to medium sized layouts particularly a modern image MPD type layout and some 2mm/N gauge layouts.

If you have a layout and can travel to our location for a one day show get in touch by PM or Email.

Cheers

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update on what can be seen at our exhibition in October

Glenhuig By Garry Hinson    EM gauge  Scottish Region BR Blue.

Spinners End by Mike Bragg   0 gauge  Black Country   Steam era.

Aberlaff by Ian Morton    00 gauge BR Blue & 009 Gauge steam.

Much Murkle by Nick Wood  00 gauge GWR Branch line terminus.

Astley By Nick Pallette  00 gauge GWR Branch line terminus.

Evington St John by Shaun Greet  BR Eastern region steam.

Schillers Point by Jordan Foster  0 gauge American outline Diesel.

Smoghampton by Ned Williams  Gauge 2  historical layout.

Bewdley by Telford MRG  2mm (N) Gauge.

Colorado Bluff  by Cradley Heath MRC  H0scale American steam/diesel

Dudley Road by Pete Harvey   00 Gauge  Modern day MPD

Peters street by Pete Harvey 00 gauge Mordern day BLT

Traders

12V dc   Supplier of electrical/electronic components & Tools.

Kevin’s Trains.

Manor Models.

Thanks for the news Frank.

I am rostered on on that day but will try and get annual leave. Any MRE in the West Midlands / Black Country needs supporting, particularly by a few more traders - (just off the M5 / M6 chaps)

Best of luck

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just over 2 weeks to go and the testing, fettling and cleaning has begun in earnest to get Much Murkle ready for its first outing at Cradley Heath.

Nothing major so far, just a few tweaks to couplings, cassette connectors and a bit more detailing here and there.

Hope to see some  RMwebbers there, please say hello.

• 2 weeks later...

Exhibition update 11/10/13

Ian Morton's layout Aberlaff will not be ready in time for this show, so, Ian has been asked to bring Hatton Parkway as it's replacement.

Also in addition to the "Non Layout"  exhibitors we welcome representatives of the West Midlands 7mm Narrow Gauge Association.

Any further updates will be posted here.

Cheers!

Frank

'Victoria Bridge' has been test run, and is looking good with its dramatic (ish) lighting and picture frame surround. I have a few little tasks this weekend, mainly getting 'mini-1501' in a reasonably finished state. Looking forward to the show!

Good luck Frank, I hope it's a success for you all. Unfortunately I've been distracted eastwards next weekend but I do hope folks make time to visit you if they can as you've got some good content.

Just under a week to go to the Cradley Heath Model Railway Club's first ever exhibition!

As exhibition manager I have had a very steep learning curve, but for the most part it has been a pleasant experience, so much so that I have been stupid enough to carry on for next years event.

This year though, being our very first exhibition we have stuck to a one day event just to test the water.

The success or failure of this years show will determine if we increase the show to two days next year and whether or not we change to a larger venue.

In our search for exhibits I would like to think that we have a good selection of scales (N gauge up to Gauge 2) and eras, (Steam, transition and modern day) Some of the layouts appearing are new to the exhibition circuit and are well worth coming to see. A full list can be found on the club web site 

http://tinyurl.com/CradleyHMRC

The traditional "Big Lump of home made cake" tea and coffee is available all day. 

See you there next Saturday?

Cheers all

Frank 

As someone who organised a show for the first time last year I would like to wish you lots of luck for your event. It is definitely a steep learning curve, but I wish you every success. Sadly I am not sure I will make it over next weekend as I have visited three shows in the last three weeks and family commitments will probably take over next Saturday.

Frank

Can we have a post code for Sat navs please?

Hi Pete, I'm sure the sat Nav post code was on the map which should be on the back of the welcome letter I sent out a week or two back. 

Thanks to Andy Y for posting it though it will be useful to our visitors as well.

Cheers

Frank

As someone who organised a show for the first time last year I would like to wish you lots of luck for your event. It is definitely a steep learning curve, but I wish you every success. Sadly I am not sure I will make it over next weekend as I have visited three shows in the last three weeks and family commitments will probably take over next Saturday.

Thanks Andy,

Are you running another exhibition at the same venue?

Cheers

Frank

Hi all

Another plug for the show. Frank and the rest of the exhibition crew have put their hearts into what will be our first exhibision, so please pop along, and give us some support.

For a small show, it has a good line up with varied interest, so please come along, I shall be there with Glenuig.

Gary Hinson

Cradley Heath Model Railway Club

Chairman

Archived